Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Creole Artichoke Hearts


Remember the creole seasoning I made a while back? I've learned that it's amazing on tilapia, delicious in pasta, and it turns out it's also a yummy way to spice up veggies --- in this case, artichokes. I absolutely stink at working with artichokes. Seriously. I struggle to cut the fresh ones up, the yield is so flippin' tiny, they never cook right, I end up frustrated and blah. I'll stop complaining. I remember the first time I worked with fresh artichokes. I decided to make artichoke mash but I didn't get ALL of the leaves peeled away. After I pureed it I ended up with a ton of strings running throughout the mash. I didn't notice this until after I served it to everyone. Bleck! Funny now that I look back on it though. Aw, embarrassing memories, gotta love 'em! :) So until I work up the courage to go down that road again, I am using canned artichoke hearts. Feel free to be braver than me and work with fresh.

As for life with baby number 2, it's going great. I can't get over the fact that labor and delivery was only 5 short and almost painless hours. Recovery was instant. I have no back pain like I thought I would. The only thing we're missing is some sleep but that's expected. And actually, we're not missing THAT much sleep, not enough to really complain about. We're lucky so far! :)

Creole Artichoke Hearts
Serving Size = 2 - 3
  • 1 can large artichokes hearts, drained (5 - 7)
  • 1 - 2 teaspoons creole seasoning, click here for recipe
  • Roughly 1/2 cup grated cheese, to taste (I've used fontina and muenster before)
  • Panko breadcrumbs (about 1 - 2 tablespoons, just to cover)
  • 1/2 tablespoon or so of butter (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 375F. 
  2. Drain the artichoke hearts and cut them in half or quarters. Place into a baking dish.
  3. Mix together the cheese and creole seasoning. Sprinkle evenly over the artichokes. Top with the breadcrumbs and then dot some butter across the top (optional).
Linking to: Hearth and Soul

9 comments:

Barb @ A Life in Balance said...

This sounds really yummy! When I saw your link on Hearth and Soul, I thought the recipe might work well as an appetizer. It does sound similar to the artichoke dip that I like to make.

France@beyondthepeel said...

I totally understand. The whole artichoke thing is a disaster. I hate using canned things but there are a few exceptions and they are one of them!

Kate said...

delish! I made this tonight. It's so hot here that I was afraid to heat up the kitchen but it was totally worth it.

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

Whole artichokes have always intimidated me - I've never actually prepared one from scratch, although I love to eat them in restaurants. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe - using the more manageable variety of artichokes - with the Hearth and Soul hop. I love the Creole seasoning as well - great flavours!

Alea Milham said...

This sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing this recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

Unknown said...

ralph lauren polo shirts
moncler coats
the north face outlet store
new balance 574
the north face uk
air jordan shoes
hollister clothing
hermes birkin
beats headphones
mizuno running
toms outlet
michael kors outlet
nba jerseys, http://www.nbajerseys.us.com
ray ban sunglasses
fred perry sale
celine outlet
kobe shoes
beats by dre
cheap soccer jerseys
fitflop
san antonio spurs jerseys
nike air max uk
tory burch outlet
soccer jerseys
ugg boots, http://www.uggboot.com.co
links of london
mcm handbags
koby bryant shoes
chanel outlet
valentino outlet
asics running shoes
cheap football shirts
pandora
ugg outlet, http://www.uggsoutlet.us.org
salomon shoes
nfl jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
lebron james shoes
2015813caihuali

Unknown said...

15919meiqing
pandora
prada
mont blanc
marc jacobs
barbour uk
abercrombie
burberry outlet
retro jordans
ugg outlet
louis vuitton outlet
canada goose uk
ray-ban sunglasses
canada goose outlet
ghd hair straighteners
ray ban outlet
cheap jerseys
nike free runs
ray bans
michael kors
kate spade outlet
timberland uk
nike roshe run
tod's shoes
hollister uk
louboutin
nike huarache
moncler jackets
replica watches
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton
nike roshe run women
kate spade handbags
oakley sunglasses wholesale
cheap versace
longchamp pas cher
ray ban sunglasses outlet
oakley sunglases cheap
fitflop uk
pandora charms
nike free run

Anonymous said...

"If you are looking for tailoring tutorials and tips on making Applique visit our web,
Visit here,,,!!!! when you want to see our web freshcutquilts "

Cara Mengatasi Perut Saat Haid said...

It is great to have visited your website. Thanks for sharing useful information. And also visit my website about health. God willing it will be useful too

Pengobatan Alternatif Penyakit Hepatitis
Obat Tradisional Cedera Lutut/Keseleo Lutut
Obat Penambah Berat Badan Alami
Pengobatan Sakit Pinggang secara Cepat & Efektif
Obat Herbal Penghancur Miom
Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan di Miss V

Post a Comment