Friday, August 12, 2011

Homemade Creole Seasoning and Baked Creole Tilapia with Sauce


I've recently joined pinterest and I'm loving it. The different ideas are very inspiring and I'm pretty sure I save everything I find. I have to say though, it's starting to depress me a bit. I love autumn, the food, decorations, everything, but I love summer even more. When I log on to pinterest I keep seeing all of these autumn ideas and I'm starting to realize that summer is going away. Of course, I can't stop this from happening so I just need to get over it, but it does make me want to spend more time outdoors enjoying every minute.

Enough whining now. :) By the way, I've started a Baby Talk! page for all of my followers that are interested in baby updates. I'm keeping it pretty open to any ideas related to babies. I'll update it from time to time. Please make comments, recommendations and so on!

As for the tilapia recipe, well, first we have to start with the creole seasoning recipe. I'll be honest, I am not a creole seasoning fan. I've never been. I think it's because I haven't been exposed to the food enough (the quality food). I didn't want to risk it and make up a recipe, so I went out and searched for one with high reviews and I must say I was very impressed. This might be my new favorite way to eat tilapia. I have no idea how authentic it is, but I plan to make this in big batches and use it on everything I can. And don't skip the sauce for the fish! It's worth it! Yummmmm!!!!


Creole Seasoning
Serving Size = 1 1/4 cups
  • 2 tablespoons onion powder
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 2 tablespoons dried basil
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon white pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne (cut in half for our toddler)
  • 5 tablespoons paprika
  • 3 tablespoons salt (you can cut the salt back a bit if you're worried, but it worked fine for me)
  1. Mix everything together and store in an airtight container.



Baked Creole Tilapia and Sauce
Serving Size = 4
Original Recipe

Fish
  • 4 fillets of tilapia
  • 1 tablespoon of creole seasoning, or to taste (I probably added a bit more)
  • 1 lemon, thinly sliced (about 2 pieces per fish)
Sauce
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (I doubled, at least)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (had to use dried)
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Season the tilapia on both sides, arrange in a single layer in the baking sheet, top with the lemons and bake for 15 - 20 minutes (or until fish flakes easily with a fork).
By the way, if it's 4,000 degrees out and you want to keep the house cool, you could easily wrap this in foil and put it on the grill.

Also, I served this with mushroom rice.

10 comments:

Kate said...

The sauce looks amazing! And I am going to find you on pintrest. I've been gettimg wedding ideas.

Kate said...

and why can't I post on the baby talk? because you're due date is my brother's birthday!!!!

Elsa said...

bahahaha! I am NOT surprised!! That's why I asked what O's half brothers name is because I'm sure I will end up naming my child that. Jeez!! :) And I think the comments problem has been fixed now. Also, my pinterest link is over on the menu under followers.

kitchen flavours said...

Your tilapia looks delicious! We love tilapia, just had some deep fried tilapia last night at a restaurant! Would love to try yours with the sauce, looks good!

Anonymous said...

I have a jar of Creole seasoning in my cupboard and now realize that I could have just made my own as I have all the ingredients! Thanks for sharing that. I absolutely LOVE sauce on fish (on anything actually), especially with dill. This is a great recipe, super easy and I bet it's so flavourful!

Food Glorious Food! said...

Always try to eat more fish but sometimes running out of good recipes.. yours look fantastic and can't wait trying them :)

Elsa said...

It's super easy to make and you can customize it, which is always great! :) And I'm always running out of fish recipes as well.

Cliodana said...

amazing taste those creole mix. thank's

chenlina said...

chenlina20151207
tiffany and co
coach factory outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton
cheap nfl jerseys
oakley sunglasses
michaek kors handbags
michaek kors outlet online
canada goose outlet
jordan retro 11
louis vuitton purses
coach factory outlet online
air jordans
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
cheap uggs
michael kors outlet
canada goose
christian louboutin shoes
uggs outlet
canada goose jackets
canada goose outlet
ugg boots
vans shoes sale
tory burch outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet
ralph lauren uk
longchamp outlet
louis vuitton outlet
uggs sale
ugg boots
kevin durant basketball shoes
the north face outlet
ugg boots outlet
uggs outlet
fitflops sale clearance
toms shoes
louis vuitton handbags
as

steahet said...

look at this web-site explanation go to these guys the original source click reference recommended you read

Post a Comment