Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Creole Chicken Pasta


After a long day of back pain and watching my toddler, I can honestly say this meal brightened my mood. Not only is it next to effortless to make and barely takes any time to cook, but the flavor is amazing. You can adjust to taste as much as you want but I love the big flavor of the spices. I know I keep saying this but this is one of my favorite meals. You might be able to sub out the heavy cream with half-and-half if you want to save calories, I haven't tried this though. I'm 9 months pregnant, calories are not on my mind at the moment. I won't even tell you the amount of dessert I've been eating lately! :)

I'm glad this was easy to throw together though because towards the end of the day my toddler became a handful. As I was cooking she brought me a bag of white chocolate chips that she wanted to eat, then dumped out a bag of dried chickpeas, which was followed by 1/2 a bag of vermicelli. My back hurt too much to bend down and clean up the vermicelli so this meant that I had the privilege of walking on dried noodles while I cooked. It will be interesting to see what Emmett adds to this mix in about 2 weeks! Ahhh! hehe

Chop up the bell pepper
And chop up the onion
Cook the chicken and set aside
Add the onions to the chicken pan and then the peppers and garlic
Add the chicken back and let the flavors blend
Creole Chicken Pasta
Serving Size = 2 - 3
  • 2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces (boneless, skinless)
  • About 2 tablespoons of creole spice, to taste - Click here for the spice mix recipe
  • 1 tablespoons of butter and some oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup chicken stock
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • Parmesan to taste (I added about 1/4 cup)
  • 4 oz fettuccine (cook for about 8 minutes and remember to salt the water a bit for flavor)
  1. Cut the chicken into small pieces (mine were about 2 bites each). Toss with the creole seasoning to taste. The pieces should be moderately and evenly coated.
  2. Heat a large pan with a tablespoon or two of oil (EVOO will work) over medium heat and add the chicken, cook until cooked through (maybe 15 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside. 
  3. Add some oil if needed, and then add about 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the chopped onions and cooked for a few minutes until they start to get tender. 
  4. Add the bell pepper and garlic, cook a few more minutes. Add the chicken stock and let it simmer, scraping the bottom for bits and pieces of yummy flavor. After that simmers for a minute, go ahead and add the heavy cream. Stir well and add the chicken back. 
  5. Simmer gently until it starts to thicken (5 - 8 minutes, while the pasta is finishing up). Taste and check the seasoning. Add the fettuccine to the pasta and mix well. Add the Parmesan to taste, mix and serve. To make it extra pretty you can add some chopped parsley to the top (I didn't have any).

5 comments:

Cate said...

Oh gosh, this looks SO good! My mom's from Louisiana and I'm a sucker for anything Creole/Cajun-inspired. This is going on my menu SOON!

(Also, I totally sympathize with the dinner-cooking woes. My daughter's really fond of tossing things up on the stove. While I'm cooking. Agh!)

kitchen flavours said...

My! This looks so delicious! Sounds so good with the Creole spice! Love this!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

I really like the look and sound of this easy and delicious recipe! Your Creole spice mix sounds fantastic too. Thank you for sharing this post with the Gallery of Favorites.

Alea Milham said...

What a delicious way to use pasta! I love the unique combination of flavors you have used. Thanks for sharing this recipe with the Gallery of Favorites!

chenlina said...

chenlina20151207
ugg boots
hollister
mont blanc pens
ray ban outlet store
ugg clearance
coach factory outlet
polo ralph lauren
ralph lauren outlet
jordan 11
louis vuitton handbags
polo ralph lauren outlet
canada goose outlet
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
coach outlet
cheap ugg boots
adidas superstars
official coach factory outlet
pandora jewelry
ugg outlet
abercrombie kids
louis vuitton handbags
abercrombie and fitch new york
cheap uggs
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet store online
hollister co
uggs on sale
louis vuitton
ray ban sunglasses outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
nike free runs
oakley sunglasses
cheap uggs
abercrombie fitch
oakley sunglasses cheap
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet
as

Post a Comment