Monday, January 24, 2011

Alfredo, Asparagus and Spinach Pizza


Ooohhh this picture makes me drool. We had this last week and it was so creamy, cheesy and ooey-gooey. I used my baking stone that I received for Christmas. This isn't a must though. A pizza pan or baking sheet will work just as well. 

Arts and Crafts
I do more than cook! I also play with construction paper, glue and crayons. hehehe My toddler and I made paper flowers for the shelf. When I say "we," of course I mean "me." She mostly ate crayons and glue. Yikes! I thought she would be very impressed with my flowers, but she tore them to shreds. :) Also, notice the box between the flowers? My husband bought that for me almost 10 years ago, while we were dating. I love, love, love it. I also decorated the house with more chili peppers.......

Arts and Crafts!
I love chili peppers...
They're hanging on my shelf for now.


Pizza Time!
Cook the sauce until it thickens (as thick as you want),
then add the parsley and Parmesan.
Sprinkle on the toppings.
Remove from the oven and serve!
Alfredo Sauce
Original Recipe: R. Swift, Allrecipes
Serving Size = 4 (or, in my case, one 12 or 14 inch pizza)
  • 1/4 cup butter (Next time I make this, I will try less butter to make it healthier. Update: I knocked it down to 3 tablespoons and it worked perfectly. I will try 2 next time.)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. 
  2. Add the cream and gently simmer for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and cook until the sauce reaches desired consistency. Remember to whisk often to keep the butter from separating from the cream.
  3. Once done, add the cheese and parsley and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Remember the cheese will thicken the sauce more. Also, if you let the sauce cool down a bit (about room temperature) then it will be easier to work with.
Pizza Dough Recipe
Serving Size - I divided the dough in half and had about two 12-inch pizzas
  • 3/4 cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon of oil (I used Almond Oil but EVOO would work as well)
  • 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 1/4 cups of bread flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon of active dry yeast
  1. Place the ingredients into the bread machine. When it's done, pat it out (do not push or stretch it, just pat it) onto a greased 18-inch pizza pan (or rectangular baking pan, or the counter top if you are planning to cook on a baking stone). If I pat it out on the counter, I just lightly flour the surface. I divided this dough in two, and made one veggie pizza and the Alfredo pizza. 
  2. Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes. If you put it directly into the oven then it shrinks.
  3. Pre-heat oven to 400F and preheat the baking stone if using one.
  4. Put the crust into the oven until it's no longer doughy, and right before it starts to turn brown. I didn't time it, so I'm guessing 10 minutes or so. Don't over cook it. 
For more detailed pizza information, check out my other post.

Assemble the Pizza
  1. Cut the asparagus into bite size pieces and saute in oil until soft. Pile the spinach on top and wilt (when done, drain any liquids).
  2. Once the pizza is done, spread on the Alfredo sauce, top with the asparagus and spinach. Finish off the pizza with mozzarella cheese (I used shredded).
If you want one 18-inch Alfredo pizza, then you might need to increase the sauce a bit, possibly double it.

Linking to: Tuesday Night Supper Club, Tasty Tuesday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Hearth and Soul

19 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

YUM Elsa, what a delicious pizza! A pizza with spinach would be a good way for some one in this house to eat his spinach!

SONDRA PRICE said...

We need to have a cooking playdate! :)

aipi said...

Wow,what a fantastic looking pizza..lovely combo of ingredients!!
Loved you artworks too :)

US Masala

Swathi said...

spinach pizza looks delicious Lisa. you are amazing artist.

kitchen flavours said...

Love the ingredients on the pizza. Would be lovely if I could have this for tea now. Your pretty flowers would certainly brightens up any corner of a room!

Anonymous said...

Oh Elsa, this is my kind of pizza!!!! Ooey, gooey and rich. And healthy of course with the asparagus and spinach. :o) Looks AMAZING!

Country Gal said...

I love what you have hidden under all that cheese! I wonder if I could fool my kids into eating spinach like that?

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

Yum!! I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday (linkups every Tuesday evening) to share one of your fabulous recipes! Hope to see you there :)

http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/search/label/What%27s%20Cooking%20Wednesday

Victor said...

Oh man...Last Sunday was pizza night, I was looking for a white sauce recipe, if you had published that on Sunday, I would have try it out. I ended up making a ranch chicken pizza.

I bookmark the recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This pizza looks DELICIOUS! And it just has to be good for you, right? Thanks for the recipe.

Kristen said...

That is amazing. I would like a slice...or two...right now!

Heather S-G said...

That pizza looks KILLER! Serious drool factor...mmmm. Thanks so much for sharing it w/ the hearth and soul hop this week :D

The Wise Alternative 918-836-0565 said...

I don't like spinach BUT I LOOOOVE spinach pizza! I will definitely be trying this one...wow...

Thanks for sharing at the hearth and soul hop this week.

Torviewtoronto said...

first time here lovely pictures and pizza
following you

HollyC said...

This looks amazing! My mouth is watering over it! Spinach pizza is my fav! Thanks for sharing this.
Blessings.
~Holly

Kate said...

I must have your peppers. NOW.

Unknown said...

this is one amazing pizza! i bet it was to die for. thank you for sharing this great recipe with tuesday night supper club!

Unknown said...

I love making homemade pizza...it's fun to experiment with different flavor combinations.

Unknown said...

thiet ke noi that nhà chung cư căn nhà ngày nay đang là phong trào phát triển bậc nhất của các doanh nghiệp sắp đặt đồ dùng trong nhà tại các thành phố lớn. Mật độ dân số tăng cao đồng thời khoảng không đất ngày càng thu hẹp việc vững mạnh các ngôi nhà ngày nay đang góp phần thúc đẩy hàng loạt ngành xếp đặt trang tri noi that trọn gói hoặc thiet ke noi that phong khach , noi that phong ngu , noi that nha bep , noi that phong an, noi that van phong ... Chính vì vậy đời sống dân cư ngày một được nâng cao và nhu cầu sống cũng vậy người dân nhất thiết một cuôc đời thư thái, tiện ích ngay trong trung tâm thành phố tuy nhiên song song khoảng trống xanh là điều cần phải có giả dụ chủ căn nhà muốn có sức khỏe tốt.

Post a Comment