Monday, February 13, 2012

Cinnamon Chocolate Fudge


Valentine's Day is right around the corner so I thought I would make a decadent chocolate dessert. Instead of buying chocolates this year, consider making some and then wrap them up in something pretty. It's much more personal and will be appreciated by the recipient because of the time you put into it. I love this fudge because it's different. I'm not sure I've ever had cinnamon fudge, and honestly, I didn't think I would like it. But I LOVE it. Possibly my favorite fudge. The recipe does say that semi-sweet chocolate will work but I really think bittersweet is the way to go. I also think nuts might be a nice addition. I'll have to try that next time.


And my wonderful husband bought me some roses so I decided to decorate my pictures for Valentine's Day. :) Of course, my 2-year-old wanted to see them and ended up pulling a rose off of its stem, so I decided to take the petals off and get really creative. I didn't want it to go to waste after all! :)

Sweetened condensed milk (yeah, I could eat that straight from the can)
Add the rest of the ingredients
Melt it all together
Place into a pan and cool

Cinnamon Chocolate Fudge
Serving Size = 8x8-inch pan, 4-6 servings
  • Butter for greasing a pan
  • 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 lb (about 2 1/2 cups) bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cacao) (Ghiradelli recommended)
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at room temperature
  1. Butter the bottom of an 8x8-inch pan and line with a sheet of parchment paper, 14-inchesx7-inches wide, allowing overhang on the sides (makes it easier to remove from pan).
  2. In a medium glass or stainless bowl, combine the milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate chips and butter. Put the bowl on a saucepan of barely simmering water and mix until the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture turns smooth, about 6-8 minutes. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. 
  3. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
  4. Run a warm knife along the edges to loosen the fudge, pull the fudge out and cut into 1-inch pieces. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Happy Valentine's Day!!

18 comments:

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Oh do I love fudge, and this looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

France@beyondthepeel said...

Isn't cinnamon and chocolate just the perfect match. Looks beautiful Elsa! Fudge is dangerous in our house :) hahaha

Erika Price said...

Oh boy, this looks DELICIOUS, thank you so much for sharing! I found you via the Linky Follower hop, and I'd love it if you followed me back Erika x

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Chocoholic here! This looks delicious. I'm a new linky follower from the hop-
hope you'll come by!
~Tina

Blissful & Domestic said...

I am now following your cute blog:> Visiting from the blog hop.Would love for you stop by and follow back.


http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/

Elpiniki said...

Great combination cinnamon - chocolate! Love it!
Happy Valentines Day!

Unknown said...

Oh, you hooked me first thing with the pic of the fudge! Happy Valentines Day!

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

I don't think I know a more diverse chocolate experience than fudge. Bitter, sweet, silky soft in the middle and slightly crystalized around the edges. What's not to love?

Thanks so much for stopping by and following from the Linky hop. I'm here, happily following back!

April J Harris said...

Your fudge looks delicious - I really like the addition of the cinnamon. Beautiful photographs too! Thank you for sharing this post with us.

momto8 said...

looks just fabulous!! I can't imagine the twist of flavor with the cinnamon..I am going to try this recipe thanks.
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
Happy valentines day!

Lori said...

YUM! Love your blog! So nice to be able to follow you on the new Linky tool. Stop by and follow back so we can stay connected. Lori

Michelle said...

Cinnamon and chocolate what could be better!I am now following you on Linky Follower. I would love it if you followed me back. I always enjoy meeting new Bloggers.

Pieced Pastimes said...

Looks and sounds delicious! Found you via the Linky hop and have become your newest follower. I hope you have a chance to visit and perhaps become a follower of mine as well.

Alea @ Premeditated Leftovers said...

YUM! Chocolate and cinnamon go so well together. Your fudge looks creamy and delicious.

I love how you repurpose the damaged rose. I am still dealing with a child who picks the petals off the flowers my husband brings me. :)

Dottie Roberts said...

Thank you for this wonderful recipe. I would love to try this one for my kids. They love sweets as I too!

Unknown said...

cheng1016
polo ralph lauren
canada goose outlet
wedding dresses
oakley sunglasses
cheap jordans
ugg outlet
ugg boots
michael kors handbags
belstaff jackets
ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
juicy couture outlet
ugg uk
cheap nhl jerseys
cheap snapbacks
true religion jeans
true religion jeans
beats headphones
links of london
nike air max shoes
winter coats
nobis outlet
soccer jerseys
michael kors outlet online
ugg australia

wesan michael said...

coach outlet online
nike dunks
vera bradley outlet
air jordan retro
michael kors handbags
tiffany and co outlet online
kobe bryant shoes
cheap jordan shoes
cheap nfl jerseys
michael kors outlet online

raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors outlet
nike trainers
christian louboutin outlet
fitflops shoes
nike trainers
kobe 9
cheap ray bans
skechers outlet
cheap michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet online

Post a Comment