Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dishes, Lamps and Babies


My husband is amazing, wonderful, great, super, awesome. Look at the STUNNING dishes he brought back from Algeria? Oh yes, I didn't mention this, but my husband went back to Algeria to visit his family. It was rough, but we spoke daily, chatted and had webcams so that helped. Anyway, when he came home he brought a ton of gifts (I'll post more pics later, one of which is an equally stunning tea set). I love that he knows my taste in everything perfectly.


A Moroccan lantern that holds a tiny candle. I love it!!


A shawl. I adore the pattern on here. It's definitely my new favorite. Even though it's summer and 100 degrees, I WILL wear this shawl.


And this, well, it has nothing to do with Algeria. I went to a fair over the weekend and found this adorable handmade oil lamp. I couldn't pass it up. My parents have tons of oil lamps in their house, so naturally I inherited the need for oil lamps as well. :)


And finally.... IT'S A BOY!!!!

We're pretty excited, but to be honest, I really thought I was pregnant with another girl. Apparently my "mother's intuition" is completely off. I even had a name picked out, Trudy (I've actually had this name picked out for a while though). Of course, if we have more children than I can always use that name so I will save it for now. As for boy names, well, I was so confident that this was a girl that I barely even glanced at boy names. I want something strong and classic though. I've spent countless hours searching, but I've come up with nothing. I think finding the right name is going to be a challenge.

3 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

congrats on the baby
the right name will come to you :)
cute things from Algeria thank you for sharing

Kate said...

We so have the same taste! I love the gifts and Ali is truly amazing. I adore D but he is a typical guy when it comes to buying gifts(hence why the wedding ring knocked me off my feet).

Don't go stealing my boy names...Henry Harrison or Oscar Maxwell. They are MINE (insert evil laugh).

Alea Milham said...

Your husband has great taste! I hate when my husband and I are separated by travel, but technology makes it much easier now than it was 20+ years ago.

How exciting to know that you are having a son. We let my daughter (then 2 years old) name our first son. We are lucky (or perhaps I should say that my son is lucky) that she was surrounded by lots of strong classic names to choose from. :)

Post a Comment