Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wednesday Hodgepodge!

My toddler went to bed early tonight, which is both good and bad. Good because I get to muck about --- blogging, TV, Internet, recipes, online shopping, etc. I did rearrange the kitchen a bit though, which was kind of productive, but probably unnecessary. And bad because she'll probably wake up early, which means my husband and I will wake up early. Bleck. It's hard for me to wake up early in the winter. There is nothing to do. The summer is a different story though. I can get up early and weed the garden, or have coffee on my swing and read a book. I love it.

Anyway, Wednesday Hodgepodge time!


1. Share your Christmas Eve Traditions.

I bake cookies with my toddler. Well, not WITH her, mostly I hold her and try to work with one hand. The perfect cookies are selected for Santa, along with a glass of milk --- a very small glass because organic milk is expensive. Sorry Santa! And then my toddler gets to open one gift. We also spend part of the day with my family eating and all that fun stuff.

2. What was the best book you read in 2010? (we're not going to include The Bible here)

Hmmm.... I've read a few good books this year, but not many. Of course, I have a horrible memory so I can't remember what I read this year, and what I read last year. I'll go with..... "My Life in France" by Julia Child, mostly because I had very low expectations when I bought the book. It surprised me though. Great read.

3. Do you have pets and if so do you allow them on the furniture?

No and probably --- which I would eventually regret... which is why I don't have any.

4. What event from 2010 are you most thankful for?

My daughter's 1st birthday. It was great. The cake turned out perfectly, the decorations were cute, everything rocked. See picture below. The cake is ducks swimming in a bucket.


5. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?

Bought a house, cooked a LOT of different meals, had my very own garden and lots of little things. But I'm looking forward to next year and hopefully doing much more. :)

6. Brussels sprouts... friend or foe?

FRIEND! Yummy yummy yummy.

7. Who would you nominate for man/woman of the year?

That honor would go to my amazing, wonderful and talented husband --- this year and every year. He's the best (more on that later).

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I love homemade hot chocolate. I mix together the chocolate, sugar, vanilla and milk. While that heats up I mix the cream and powdered sugar to get whipped cream. Mmm mmm mmm!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I believe I might enjoy a book by Julia Child.

How sweet the picture is of your daughter's first birthday.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment