Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes


I'm excited to share this adorable little cheesecake recipe with you. I found it on Pinterest and it comes from Annie's Eats. The original recipe calls for raspberry sauce, but I only had chocolate sauce (the sauce I made a few posts back), so I decided to use it instead. I love the look of the swirls and my toddler actually helped create them. We just put 1/2 a teaspoon of syrup per cupcake, and then used a toothpick to create a swirl. Very kid friendly!


Here they are again, arranged in a straight line on a bread board.

The flavor is delicious. The chocolate is mild and the cheesecake is very creamy. I plan to make these many more times, trying out different sauces (strawberry sauce, mmmm).




Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes
Serving Size = 32 cupcakes
Adapted From: Annie's Eats

For the Crust
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
For the Filling
  • 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
Sauce
  • About 6 tablespoons of chocolate sauce, click here for recipe or use store bought (such as Hershey's, or whatever you would use in chocolate milk)
  1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
  2. Mix together the ingredients for the crust, until all of it has been moistened. Put 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
  3. With a stand mixer, or hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar and mix until smooth. Add the salt and vanilla, mix again. Add the eggs, one at a time, until just combined (do not over mix, and keep the speed low). When done, finish mixing with a spoon if it isn't already completely combined. Do not over mix this part.
  4. Place 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into each cupcake liner.
  5. Place 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate sauce into each cupcake liner, dotting it around a bit. With a toothpick, swirl the chocolate to create the marbled effect.
  6. Bake in the oven for 22 minutes, or until the filling sets, rotating the pans halfway through. They will puff up, but will deflate as they cool. Place the pans on a wire rack and let cool to room temperature. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
Raspberry Sauce

Even though I didn't make the raspberry sauce, here is the recipe in case you want to replace the chocolate sauce with this one instead.
  • 6 ounces fresh raspberries
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  1. Blend in a blender and then put through a fine mesh strainer.

Linking to: Sweets for a Saturday, Makin' You Crave Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Masterpiece Monday, Mangia Mondays, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Linky Party Sundays, Not "Baaad" Sundays, Sundae Scoop Link Party, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Sweet Indulgences Sunday, Motivate Me MondayHearth and SoulTempt My Tummy Tuesday, Handmade Tuesday, Take a Look Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesdays, Made From Scratch Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesdays Tasty Tidbits, Two Maids a Baking, Tasty Tuesdays Party, Show Me What Ya Got, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Tea Party Tuesday, Whimsy Wednesdays, Foodie Friday

28 comments:

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

YUM! So much better with the chocolate, if you ask me. Beautiful too!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

oh ya! Chocolate always trumps fruit, always! How cute are they!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

These look great, and I love the size. Thanks for sharing this dessert, it is perfect.

Anonymous said...

They look amazing and they also must taste very well. Thanks for the recipe.
Lucía

Anne said...

They look so gooooooooooood! Thank you for the recipe. Hopefully my little danish kitchen and I will soon be making these.

Cheers Anne
Anneshyggested.blogspot.com

Trisha said...

These look yummy, I've bookmarked to try them later!

Winnie said...

Mouth-watering! Simple as that
It looks sooooooo good that I don't thing anyone can resist it

Unknown said...

Seriously?! It's 8 am and my mouth is watering for one of these. They are gorgeous. I'm following back. I'd love it if you stopped by my link party tonight at 8 and linked this up www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-1.html

Unknown said...

Found you on Sugar Bee Crafts, these look great!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Oh I cannot wait to make these! My husband loves cheesecake and I love chocolate so this is the perfect combination! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday and I hope you'll stop back soon :)

Candy said...

Very cute! I love mini cheesecakes.

Simply Tasheena said...

Yummy! I would love for you to Link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Alea Milham said...

These look amazing! They are so lovely - what an elegant dessert!

kitchen flavours said...

Your cupcakes look cute and delicious! Pretty swirls!

Gabi said...

I've always baked individual cheese cakes and tried (with varying success) to take them out of their moulds but making them in cupcake cases is a FAR better idea, thanks! :)

http://teenytastytriumphs.blogspot.com/

Aunt B said...

Beautiful! It's always nice to make an individual presentation. I'm filing this one away for future use.

France@beyondthepeel said...

Cheesecake already portioned. I love it. I wonder if that would be enough to keep my cheesecake addiction in check? :)

Alice said...

yum! this is a smart idea of preventing us not to over eat this irresistable treat, even though its not easy to stop us from taking the second serving LOL

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing these at Whimsy Wednesday at The NY Melrose Family. They still look so delicious. I'm going to have to give them a try.

The Better Baker said...

These look awesome - I love simple and kid-friendly recipes! Congrats on being featured at Mix it up Monday!!!

Terri said...

I think I will make the chocolate swirl and then use the raspberry sauce to top it off! Yummo!

MyFudo™ said...

They look really adorable and super delicious. I am a sucker for swirls. These are definitely irresistible! I am gonna try this!

Unknown said...

These cheesecake cupcakes are absolutely delicious! I like them a lot so I've featured this recipes on my blog and I hope that you don't mind! If you don't agree with that please contact me and I will remove it. All the best.

Doree said...

Making these right now! Super excited =) My husband always asks me to make him cheesecake and this is such a simple and easy recipe I am sure he will love them. Thanks for sharing-Doree

Elsa said...

I hope you love them!!

saad said...

ارخص شركة تنظيف بالرياض

افضل شركة تنظيف بالرياض

ارخص شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض

افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض

ارخص شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض

شركة تنظيف شقق شمال الرياض

شركة تنظيف منازل شمال الرياض

saad said...

افضل شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض

ارخص شركة تنظيف موكيت

افضل شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض

شركة نظافة

افضل شركة تسليك مجاري بالرياض

ارخص شركة شفط بيارات بالرياض

افضل شركة نظافة عامة بالرياض

افضل شركة عزل بالرياض

افضل شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض

افضل شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض

افضل شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض

افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض

ارخص شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض

saad said...

افضل شركة مكافحة نمل ابيض بالرياض

مكافحة نمل ابيض بالرياض

افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض

ارخص شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

افضل شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض

شركة شراء اثاث

افضل شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض

ارخص شركة كشف تسربات

افضل شركة ترميمات بالرياض

ارخص شركة دهانات بالرياض

Post a Comment