Friday, February 3, 2012

Peach and Chipotle BBQ Sauce


Super Bowl is right around the corner so today I'm sharing a unique BBQ sauce to serve. I love buffalo wings, but if you want to take a different route this year I recommend this spicy alternative. The peaches add a nice layer of flavor but it doesn't give a strong fruit taste and the spice complements it beautifully. I would recommend serving this on chicken. I cooked mine on an indoor grill and then finished them off in the oven.

And I wanted to give you another blog update. My blog will be changing over the weekend, or possibly into next week. I will change the name slightly and create a new look. The address will change but it will automatically forward you to the new blog so this shouldn't be a problem. I will keep you updated though. :)



Peach Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Serving Size =  2 cups
Adapted from: Fine Cooking
  • 1/8 - 1/4 cup brown sugar, to taste
  • 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional, I skipped)
  • Salt/Pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • Pinch of cloves
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 cup peaches, I used frozen sliced that I froze last year
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 - 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce (I used 2)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  1. Combine everything except the butter in a medium saucepan. Simmer until the peaches are tender, about 10 minutes or so. Place into a blender and blend until smooth (you might want to cool it first, it's up to you). 
  2. Return to medium saucepan and simmer until the flavors blend, about 10 - 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally. When done, whisk in the butter.

8 comments:

Elpiniki said...

Sounds delicious! Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like one amazingly delicious bbq sauce! Love the peaches/chipotle combo.

Alea Milham said...

I love your new look! It is lovely and polished! And your peach and chiptole sauce sounds amazing!

janice15 said...

I thank you so much for telling me ... I just being nosy...lol well I love your blog. thanks to for the button info. I hope the children are well...Happy Sunday,..be back soon..hugs Janice

janice15 said...

I thank you so much for telling me ... I just being nosy...lol well I love your blog. thanks to for the button info. I hope the children are well...Happy Sunday,..be back soon..hugs Janice

janice15 said...

I thank you so much for telling me ... I just being nosy...lol well I love your blog. thanks to for the button info. I hope the children are well...Happy Sunday,..be back soon..hugs Janice

chenlili said...

kevin durant shoes
nike huarache shoes
adidas shoes
north face
canada goose outlet
jordan 6
louboutin
ugg
kate spade outlet
oakley sunglasses
20181.20chenjinyan

jeje said...

supreme clothing
kate spade sale
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren outlet
miami heat
coach handbags
new york jets jerseys
coach outlet

Post a Comment