Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars


I found this recipe at Brenda's Canadian Kitchen, one of my favorite blogs to visit. I would have to agree with her, this is one of the best chocolate chip cookie bars I've ever made. My husband isn't a huge chocolate chip cookie fan but even he was constantly getting into these addictive little bars. They are chewy and moist and heavenly. I actually added about 3 extra minutes to my cooking time because I was afraid they would be undercooked. They did turn out perfectly for me but you will want to watch yours to make sure they cook to taste. What I LOVE about these bars is that each piece has a ton of chocolate in it. A ton, really. But I think if you decide to add walnuts you might want to cut back on the chocolate a bit. 

Don't tell anyone but I did eat these for breakfast a few times. Shhhh! hehe In my defense, I had a busy week. In the last month of pregnancy I have to see the Dr. every.single.week. Which means I sit in the waiting room every.single.week.for.ever. And then I had to work, and house stuff and you know the story. I did go to a wedding over the weekend though. I'm shocked that my back wasn't bothering me too bad the night of the reception so I was able to walk around with Mimi and talk to people. I was worried that I would have another day of being stuck on the couch with pain, but nope! Yay!

I've also lost complete control of my pregnancy hormones. I go from mad, to laughing hysterically, to crying hysterically in minutes. 
It's scary folks. 
Very scary. 
People are avoiding me. :)

Sugar and egg mixture
Smooth the batter into the baking dish
Let cool to room temperature
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Serving Size = About 20 bars
Original Recipe: Brenda's Canadian Kitchen
  • 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
*Note: if you decide to add walnuts you might want to cut back on the chocolate chips a bit.
  1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 13x9 -inch baking pan with foil, allowing overhang at the ends to lift the bars out easier (I skipped this and just sprayed my baking dish with oil).
  2. Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together and set aside.
  3. Mix the melted butter and both sugars together until combined (I used my mixer). Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. With a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined but do not over mix. Fold the chips into the batter.
  4. Smooth the batter into the baking dish and bake until light golden brown, slightly firm to touch, and the edges start to pull away from the sides - about 27 - 30 minutes (I added 3 additional minutes). Let cool to room temperature, cut and serve.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsa, these really are the BEST, aren't they? I'm so pleased you enjoyed them. I haven't made them in quite a while, but I'm thinking it's time again. Have a great week!

France@beyondthepeel said...

Kind of sounds like me on my monthly...Scary...Maybe I should eat these for breakfast Hhehe. that would make me feel much better right about now. Do you think 6 am is too early to be making these? :)

kitchen flavours said...

These looks wonderful, Elsa! I can see why they are so addictive! Have a lovely day!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

I could definitely eat these for breakfast! They look scrumptious, Elsa!

chenlina said...

chenlina20160126
cheap jordan shoes
ugg boots
kids lebron shoes
kobe 9
true religion jeans sale
hollister outlet
mulberry handbags
louis vuitton handbags
kate spade handbags
ray bans
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
true religion jeans
ralph lauren outlet
air jordans
uggs on sale
louis vuitton outlet
replica watches
michael kors handbags
cheap nfl jerseys
abercrombie and fitch new york
louis vuitton outlet
coach factory outlet
ralph lauren uk
coach outlet store
mont blanc pens
christian louboutin shoes
coach factory outlet
tory burch handbags
toms shoes
gucci outlet
hollister clothing
hollister outlet
jordan concords
cheap jerseys
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton handbags
kobe 11
polo ralph lauren
nike huarache shoes
as

Post a Comment