Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cheesecake Dip (Very Easy!)


If you're looking for a dip that's quick, easy, and loved by all then here it is folks. It's creamy and not too rich or too sweet. Even though it's a dessert dip it doesn't feel heavy, especially since you can serve it with fruit. I think people that are not fans of baking will especially love this recipe. You can mix it up in minutes and then serve it with several varieties of fruit or graham crackers. Super simple but still attractive when you bring it to the table.

This recipe came about because we spent the entire day working on the house. I wanted my evening sweets but I didn't want to make something complicated or that would dirty 50 thousand dishes. So far we've managed to put up more trim, fix the countertops, did a massive amount of cleaning, and completely re-organized my entire dish collection. I can walk into the kitchen and find the bowl I want instead of pulling everything out of the cabinets, getting frustrated, and then calling my husband in to finish the search. I'm kind of a baby some times. :) I'm 39 weeks pregnant so time is running out. I really want this house in order before Emmett arrives. Fingers crossed!


Cheesecake Dip
Serving Size = About 1 cup
Original Recipe
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 4 oz cream cheese softened
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (could also use almond extract, but I went with vanilla)
  • 1 tablespoon of milk
  • 2 - 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (I went with 3)
  1. Mix everything together with a hand mixer until smooth and serve. It's best to refrigerate for an hour or so until it firms up more.
  2. I served mine with grapes, apples and graham crackers.

6 comments:

Miriam said...

Perfect fruit dip!! Well done :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Dena said...

Thank you for this.I love cheesecake.I can't wait to try this out..... Dena

France@beyondthepeel said...

I love no bake desserts and I love no bake cheese cake things even better. Sounds easy and delicious.

Swathi said...

I love this dip, cheese cake is my hubby's favorite. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

This sounds delicious - and what a great way to get kids (and adults!) to eat their fruit as well! I like how easy it is to put together too. Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul hop.

Unknown said...

Yum! i am looking for something to bring to a friend's house tonight and this caught my eye. simple, yet scrumptious. Thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club!

Post a Comment