Sunday, July 31, 2011

Crepes


I've been on pinterest a lot lately. By the way, thank you Alea at Premeditated Leftovers for suggesting that I sign up, I love it! Not only is it a great way to save recipes that I want to try, but hubs and I are making a playroom for Mimi and I have found a ton of new ideas that I am excited to try. So far, the plan is to paint the walls teal, the trim will be white, and the rest of the room will be accented with reds, pinks and either black or dark brown wooden furniture. I've pinned so many new projects that I'm excited to try, I'll remember to post pics as we go along.

Other than being on the computer all morning I've also managed to do dishes, vacuum, sweep, start laundry and finally feed my child (hubs is outside mowing with a push mower in the extreme heat and it takes hours to do, poor guy). Luckily, I love to make crepes, because it seems like I'm either making crepes or pancakes for Mimi. Since I've made them 50 billion times, I feel like I've mastered them at this point. :) So here is the delicious recipe I use. I actually came up with this by myself from trial and error, only to find out that every recipe online is exactly the same. hehehe Oh well, that's ok. And my toddler loves to mix the batter, which is a great way to keep her busy, away from the TV, and spend time in the kitchen together. I love it.

Dishes. No, that's not all. My dishwasher
was completely full and this was leftover!
A great deal I found at Big Lots. $10 for the set (glass, not plastic).
Just wanted to share it with you.
And these are the rest of the dishes I had to wash. Ahhh!!! hehe
The batter.
There were a few tiny lumps, so after this pic I whisked it better.


I fill Mimi's with chocolate and fold into squares. I just roll mine up though.
I should have made chocolate eyes to create a little face. Next time. :)
Crepes
Serving Size = Around 8 I believe?
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon or so of vanilla (optional)
  1. Place everything into a bowl and mix very well (use a whisk). 
  2. I use a hard anodized pan (about a 10 inch pan) and heat it over medium heat (I don't need to add butter or oil). Also, I wait until after I finish mixing the batter to turn the stove on. This allows the batter to sit for several minutes. When it gets nice and hot, I add about 1/3 cup (or a little less) of the batter and swirl around the pan. I let it cook for a minute or so and flip, cook another minute and remove. Let them cook as long as you want though, I don't like too much brown on them, just a touch. Continue until done.

7 comments:

Kate said...

We have the exact same dish drainer and glass jars. haha! Of course we do. I am loving pinterest as well..mostly just for ideas! Wanted to use homemade paper for the guest log at the wedding and have found some interesting ideas. Also, have you ever tried savory crepes? D doesn't like sweets other than my french toast.

Elsa said...

Naturally! :) Follow me on pinterest and I can follow you back and see your ideas (I don't know your username).

I have tried savory crepes and like them very much. My favorite are still sweet ones though. We are a sugar loving family. hehe But at some point I'm going to post recipes for crepe fillings and I will have a few savory ones as well.

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking crepes we make so many things with this wonderful post

Alea Milham said...

I am glad you enjoy Pinterest. I find it such a useful way to keep track of ideas.

You have inspired me to try making gf crepes, I am going to use your recipe as a base and make modifications. I am sure my children would love them.

Unknown said...

Love crepes , I'm trying your recipe today for the kids after school with nutella and banana slices, yummmmm
Thanks for all your recipes, can't wait to try them all

Unknown said...

Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
More here used furniture pittsburgh

Unknown said...

ugg outlet
ferragamo shoes
nike shoes for men
coach factory outlet
chaussures louboutin
lebron james shoes 2016
ray ban sunglasses
ed hardy
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin
20161230caian

Post a Comment