Monday, June 20, 2011

The Art and Science of Culinary Preparation - Review

I'm finally on the road to recovery - thank goodness!! My illness lasted a little over a week but it sure felt longer. My husband watched our toddler non-stop the entire time. The man never had a break and I felt so sorry for him after a while. Our Mimi can be a bit of a handful to say the least, but he did great (as I expected, of course). I have no idea what I would do without him. How do single parents take care of their kids when they are sick???? How can you watch your child when you can't get out of bed???? It's a mystery to me, but I am impressed!

In other news, baby number two is kicking around like crazy so all seems well. When we had our ultrasound to find out the sex, we also checked every.single.organ. It was intense. I can tell you that I did not have as thorough of an ultrasound with Mimi. But I'm super paranoid when it comes to my kids health, so this was a relief to me. By the way, as I type this Mimi is trying to put tiny sunglasses on my head, so I apologize for any weird typos that might occur.


Ok, now onto the point of my point. The Art and Science of Culinary Preparation by Jerald Chesser. I love.love.love this book. When I'm not sure what to read, I pick this book up every single time. It is definitely for the more serious cook since it covers many topics that probably wouldn't appeal to most, such as the business side of cooking. There are recipes, but not many. I originally bought this book based on a recommendation from Girlichef (if you haven't been to her blog then you are seriously missing out). She went to culinary school (my DREAM in life) so she was the first person I thought of when I wanted a book that would challenge and move me forward. Did I mention my dream of going to culinary school? I did?? Anyway, if you are serious about cooking then check out this book, if not, then it will be a big disappointment.

And now Mimi is spilling water on the floor and saying "Dink Dink" (drink) and "Bobbie Bobbie" (Barbie). So I'm off to clean up messes and watch Barbie movies. Aren't you jealous??? hahaha

1 comment:

Food Glorious Food! said...

Cheers to good health! It's really a bummer when we can't do anything but stay in bed.

Post a Comment