Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Trout with Tomatoes, Lemon and Dill


I've been a busy bee lately. Our old car died, and we had to buy a new one. My toddler, Mimi, LOVES it. She wants to ride around in it all the time, but with the current gas prices that's not going to happen. hehehe Anyway, yesterday we had to do some intense grocery shopping. The poor pantry was looking rough, to say the least. By the way, my daughter was an ANGEL in the store, a complete ANGEL. I had to say this, because a behaved toddler in a grocery store is a very rare blessing. Anyway, we saw some beautiful trout that we could not pass up. I've posted a similar recipe in the past, because I absolutely love tomato on fish. Some day I'm going to try to make this, but when I was on vacation years ago we had polenta with garlic in it, topped with fish, topped with a thin tomato sauce. Oh my goodness, it was heavenly. I didn't have time for this last night since we got home late, so I threw together a trout recipe and served it with rice. It only took 30 minutes and it was yum yum yum!!

Top with parsley and dill (fresh from the garden!)
Bake until the house smells amazing and the family is drooling
Trout with Tomatoes, Lemon and Dill
Serving Size = 2 (1lb trout)
1 lb piece of trout
  • 2 small cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/8 cup or so of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
  • 1 tablespoon or so of fresh dill, roughly chopped
  • Some oil
  • Salt/pepper
  • 2 - 3 small tomatoes, chopped (or 1/2 can of tomatoes)
  • 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
  1. Place a touch of oil into a baking dish, place fish on it skin side down, top with a touch more oil (I used grapeseed oil, but EVOO would work too). Top with the garlic, salt/pepper, parsley, dill, tomatoes and lemon. 
  2. Bake at 400F for roughly 30 minutes or less, until flaky.

5 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Elsa, this looks delicious! The combination sounds wonderful, fresh and just right. Thanks.

Food Glorious Food! said...

Baking fish... it has been awhile I last did that! Thanks for the great recipe!

kitchen flavours said...

Looks delicious! I love herbs from the garden! Your fish looks really good, can you hear my tummy growling? It's only 5.30pm here! :)

Kate said...

MY friend can't cook (sorry Monique) asked what to make her mom for Mother's Day and her mom loves fish. I sent her this recipe along with one that is baked white fish and mango salsa. I can't wait to her how she burns it, I mean how it turns out.

Dolph Ziglar said...

There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment?s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.
top selling garage door opener

Post a Comment