Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cheesecake


Exhausted. I have had an exhausting day. I spent the entire day tripping over objects and words, losing my car, setting off the car alarm and scaring the neighbors, dropping glasses, dumping flour, spilling vinegar and making constant typos. I really haven't been with it today. To be honest though, I am usually this way. The other day, I asked my husband to replace the air freshener/air filter thing in the refrigerator since it had been months. But apparently I never removed the tab on the old one to activate it. So it has been filtering nothing in my refrigerator. And I thought it was working so well. My husband just laughed, I think he expects it at this point. I did make one awesome cheesecake though. It's another Frugal Girl recipe. It tastes and looks amazing --- no cracking whatsoever, just perfectly creamy, dense, rich and heavenly cheesecake. 

Press the graham cracker crust into the pan.
Mix the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth and shiny.
Pour the mixture into the crust pan.
Cheesecake Recipe
Serving Size = One 8 or 9 inch cheesecake

The Crust:
  • 1 3/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
The Filling:
  • 3 8-oz packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  1. To make the crust, combine the graham crackers and butter, mix together until blended well. Press onto the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch springform pan, going 2 inches up the sides. Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 350F.
  3. In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy with a glossy appearance.
  4. This is the part where you need to be careful. On a low speed, add the eggs one at a time until combined, do not over mix. Remove mixer bowl and pour in the milk, stir with a spatula until just combined.
  5. Pour into the crust lined pan. Place the pan onto a baking pan to catch any possible leaks and place in the oven. Bake for 35-40 (35 for me) minutes, or until the center appears nearly set when shaken, but not completely set.
  6. When done, remove from oven to cool. After 15 minutes, loosen the crust from the side of the pan by running a knife around the edge. This will prevent cracking. Wait 30 more minutes and remove the sides of the pan. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for 4 hours.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Elsa, this looks great! I haven't had cheesecake in ages, and will have to try this... mmmm. :)

Alea Milham said...

Your cheesecake looks beautiful! This is so much more frugal than store bought - and I am sure it tastes much better too!

maria said...

I want a piece of your cheesecake please!:)
It looks great!

Heather S-G said...

Oh wow...your cheesecake looks amazing! And LMAO about not removing the tab on your air filter-thingy...that's totally something I would do! OUr brains are just too full ;)

Melodie said...

Oh yum. I love homemade cheesecake. I bet that would be great with berries. Thanks for playing over at Vegetarian Foodie Fridays!

Post a Comment