Friday, October 29, 2010

Chicken with Ras el Hanout and Persian Rice


It's time to use the spice blend, Ras el Hanout, which I posted the recipe for yesterday! I would like to start by posting a warning. Watch out for tiny and adorable 18-month-old babies that will walk up to your countertop, stand on their tippy-toes, and reach for the spices. They will succeed, because they grew at least 2-inches overnight, and you will have to clean an entire container of spice off of the floor. Of course, I wouldn't know this from experience or anything. ;)

Anyway, this chicken is delicious. Add as much or as little spice as you choose. To keep the spice level mild, use about 1 or 2 teaspoons of Ras el Hanout. To give it more strength, add 3 or so. Remember, you can always add additional spices, such as cayenne pepper, to give it more heat. Also, I added tomato and onion because I had them on hand. Feel free to skip them, or add a different veggie.

My new butcher block. I just stand and stare at it sometimes. hehe
My wonderful husband bought it for me as a gift and I LOVE IT!
And I love him too! :)
Chicken with Ras el Hanout Recipe
Serving Size = 3
  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 3 teaspoons or so of Ras el Hanout
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 large tomato, cut into wedges (optional)
  • 1 onion, cut into wedges (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 375F
  2. Mix the spices with about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of oil. Create a thin paste. Coat the chicken evenly with the paste and salt to taste. Add the chicken to a baking dish with the veggies and cook until chicken reaches the correct internal temperature (180F).
Cut up some carrots.
Persian Rice Recipe
Serving Size = 2
  • 1/2 cup of rice (cook according to directions)
  • About 1/2 cup of chopped carrots (about 1/4 inch or so)
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon (or however much you prefer)
  • 1/4 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
*Note: This can either be made very sweet or mild (I prefer mild). I also love to serve this rice with kefta!
  1. I used jasmine rice for this recipe, but I've also used plain white rice. Just follow the cooking directions that come with the rice. My only tip for good rice is to never open the lid while it's cooking. Cover the rice, set a timer, and leave it alone until it's done.
  2. In the meantime, saute the carrots in 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or so and then add the sugar and cinnamon.
  3. When everything is done, combine them and mix. I even add the butter from the carrots to the rice for more flavor.
Linking to: Food on Fridays, Potluck Friday, Foodie Friday, Friday Food, 12 Days of Bloggie-mas

18 comments:

SONDRA PRICE said...

YUM!

I'd stare at that cutting board too...it's awesome!!!

Alea Milham said...

This looks amazing! I will be trying this very soon. I love thst your rice recipe includes carrots - I enjoy the combination of veggies and rice and often make a meal of that alone.

Cheerful said...

looks delicious...the persian rice sounds yummy! happy weekend! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! This looks great! I love trying new ethnic dishes and this sounds simply amazing - the rice, the chicken dish, the spice recipe. All of the flavors in the spice are favorites, though I would have never thought about rosebuds or hibiscus as add ins! Thanks for sharing with Friday Potluck this week -- and good luck with your 18-month-old helper :) We don't have one of those yet, but I'm sure they make cooking very interesting!

maria said...

I know all about with little helpers:) The recipe looks so delicious. I will try it and let you know.. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Nicole Feliciano said...

Yum! Easy enough for mid-week.

Elsa said...

Casondra and Cheerful -- Thanks!!

Alea -- I love adding veggies to rice. It makes me feel healthier. hehe

Erin -- The rose and hibiscus are great. Although, if I had to pick one, I would say the hibiscus is the best. It adds a lot of flavor, almost citrus in a way. It's hard to describe. And babies make cooking SO MUCH more interesting. Goodness!! haha

Maria -- I hope you like it!! :)

Nicole -- True!! Very easy for mid-week!

Michele said...

Hi - I found you on Ekat's kitchen :) This looks great. I love flavor packed food; but have never tried Ras el Hanout. You've definitely provided some future inspiration - thanks!

Michele@Fitfoodista

Jakedog said...

It would be nice to read a comment from someone who has made the dish. I have marinated big cubes of chicken in ras el hanout for two days, I was going to make kabobs but I started thinking about the spices burning, so I started searching for something,thing with tomatoes and onions to work the chicken into a tagine.

Unknown said...

رزین
تولید کننده رزین
تولید کننده رزین
رزین سازان
کوپلیمر وینیل استات
چسب چوب
چسب نمای ساختمان
چسب آهار فرش
وینیل استات
قسمت روز چسب
رزین مولتي كالر
چسب کاغذ
چسب آهارزنی فرش
چسب موکت
چسب پرده عمودي
چسب تکمیل پارچه
چسب تکمیل فرش ماشینی
چسب كاشي
رزین سازان
انواع چسب
چسب سازان
قیمت چسب چوب
چسب رنگ سازی
رزین سازان ایران
تولید کننده برتر رزین
درباره رزین
--------------

bintamy said...

شركة تنظيف بالدمام

شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام

شركة جلي بلاط ورخام بالدمام

شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام

شركة عزل مائى حرارى بالدمام


افضل شركة دهانات وديكورات بالدمام

شركة ترميمات بالدمام

شركة عزل خزانات بالدمام

شركة شفط بيارات بالدمام

شركة مكافحة صراصير بالدمام

شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام

شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام


bintamy said...

شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام

شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام

شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام

شركة تخزين اثاث بالدمام

شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام

شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام

شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام

شركة تنظيف موكيت بالدمام

شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام

شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام

شركة نظافة عامة بالدمام

Afgan said...

Hopefully with the content on this blog, I can add to my insight, thank you |
Cara Mengatasi Bisul Di Anus |
Obat cacar api paling ampuh

Shahid khan said...

Pinoy Channele bringing you best videos from all over Filipino entertainment, sports,
news, politics, technology, music, covering all Latest Tv Replay Show of Pinoy Teleserye.

The Penthouse Season 2

Unknown said...

Mehndi Hai Rachne Wali is Star Plus & Hotstar started newly launched Drama Serial
Raghav puts necklace on Kirti, Kirti thanks Pallavi, Pallavi says thank Raghav

Kundali Bhagya

Barrister Babu said...

From MX Player original hindi shows to Hindi dubbed shows you can make your
weekend full of entertainment with these top 10 hindi web series streaming

Bobby Mughal said...

Zindagi Mere Ghar Aana (Star Plus) Cast and Crew, Roles, Release Date, Trailer.
Zindagi Mere Ghar Aana is a Star-Plus tv show. This tv show was produced by.

Yeh Hai Chahatein

Anonymous said...

golden goose sneakers
palm angels
jordan 1 off white
golden goose
kobe
off white outlet
air jordan
hermes bag
off white clothing
cheap jordans

Post a Comment