Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chocolate Cheese Ball


If you're a butter addict, turn away now. Even though this recipe is out-of-this-world yummy, it contains an ENTIRE stick of butter. Yes, my friends, one whole stick. It freaks me out a little while I'm eating it, so I try not to think about it. But, if I only serve it during very special occasions, or parties, and never tell a soul then I think everything will be ok. Now, I know you're seriously grossed out at this point, but trust me, the flavor is very rich and creamy. I spread it on chocolate graham crackers, but chocolate bread would be good as well. Plus, it's very easy to make. I went grocery shopping, came home, made the cheese ball, two hours later I formed it into a ball and served it. Simple! Of course, my toddler went crazy over it because she has a huge sweet tooth. She followed me into the kitchen as I was putting it away. I tricked her into settling for a plain graham cracker instead. Unfortunately, she's getting to the age where she's starting to understand my tricks and stares at me as if I've cheated her. Hmm... I will have to get even trickier I think...

Mix well with an electric mixer.
Toast and then chop finely.
The smooth, chocolate inside.

Chocolate Cheese Ball Recipe
Original Recipe by: Paula Deen  (who else would use an entire stick of butter?!)
Serving Size = 10-12
  • 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup of butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows (I skipped)
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I skipped)
  • 1 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts (over medium to medium-high heat, cook for a few minutes and then cool)
*Note: I think the marshmallows and chocolate morsels would make this too sweet.
  1. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese and butter together on a medium speed. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until well combined. 
  2. Add the marshmallows and chocolate morsels and stir until well combined. 
  3. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. 
  4. Form the mixture into a ball (using saran wrap is the easiest way). Roll the ball into the chopped walnuts and serve.
  5. Serve with: graham crackers, chocolate bread and fruit are a few options.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

MMMMMMMMMMM I love this recipe! What a great treat to bring to a party... though I'd probably eat a bunch of it before it got to the party!

Alea Milham said...

What a lovely and delicious idea for Christmas parties!

Anonymous said...

This sounds great, something different than the usual cheese ball. Yum!!

kitchen flavours said...

A rich indulgence once in a while is OK with me! After all, everyone needs some pampering occasionally! Sounds yummy! ^..^

Lisa said...

If it's a Paula Deen recipe, then it must be a delicious indulgence. By the way, don't forget to stop by my blog for a chance to enter my CSN giveaway.

Unknown said...

shijun 7.8
michael kors uk
louis vuitton handbags
tods shoes outlet
hollister kids
michael kors
hollister co
kids lebron james shoes
ralph lauren home
ray ban outlet
jordan 6 retro
louboutin femme pas cher
ray ban wayfarer
air jordan 8
coach factory outlet
kobe 8
ray ban glasses
michael kors
pandora bracelets
michael kors outlet online
timberland outlet
mont blanc pen
mulberry uk
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
nba jerseys
christian louboutin
christian louboutin sale
cheap oakleys
toms canada
cheap oakley sunglasses
retro 11
oakley glasses
ray ban sungalsses
michael kors outlet online
timberland outlet
running warehouse
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin shoes
fitflop outlet

Post a Comment