Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce and Herb Portobello Potatoes


I've actually made chicken with lemon cream sauce several times. It's one of my go-to recipes, especially when I know company is coming over. Super-easy, super-yummy, super-fast.... just.... super. :) I love this sauce so much that I actually consider drinking the leftovers. Seriously, I do! My husband and daughter love it as well. Of course, my daughter always needs a bath right afterwards. She rubs the sauce in her hair and walks away from the table smelling like lemon butter. It does create a beautiful shine in her hair though. As for the potatoes, they were delicious as well and can be made with any herbs you choose. Nothing needs to be measured, just make sure the potatoes are coated evenly.

Chicken with Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
Serving Size = 2-3
  • 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice (approximately)
  • Zest from 1 lemon
  • 3/4 cup whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup of chicken broth
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (optional, I usually skip it)
  1. Pound the chicken breasts out thinly. Season with salt and pepper, saute in a large skillet until done. Move to a plate and cover to keep warm. 
  2. Over medium-high heat, melt the butter in the same skillet and add the chicken broth to deglaze the bottom, scraping up all of the chicken bits. Turn the heat down to medium-low, add the whipping cream and zest. Very gently boil until the sauce thickens (about 8 minutes), stirring often. In the last 5 minutes or so, add the lemon juice. 
  3. When the sauce is done, turn off the heat and remove from burner, add the Parmesan cheese (this will thicken the sauce a bit more) and stir in. 
  4. Sprinkle with parsley. Pour over the chicken before serving.
Coat evenly and place in the oven.
*Very roughly measured recipe. I simply coated the potatoes evenly and didn't measure out the ingredients. 

Herb and Portobello Mushroom Potatoes
Serving Size = 2-3
  • 4-5 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 2 tablespoons of oil (coat evenly, they shouldn't be floating in oil)
  • 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
  • 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon of dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon of rubbed sage
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
  • Salt/Pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
  • 1-2 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 Portobello mushroom, wiped clean with a damp cloth, cut into bite size pieces
Preheat oven to 400F
  1. Mix the potatoes, oil, herbs, salt and pepper together. Place into a baking dish, but do not over crowd. Cook until fork tender. 
  2. In the meantime, chop up the portobello mushroom and saute in oil with salt and pepper until done.
  3. Remove potatoes from the oven and add the butter, portobello and Parmesan. Mix, taste and serve.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks amazing Elsa... Those potatoes made my mouth water and I just ate dinner! I'm your newest follower because your recipes looks wonderful!

~Rainey~ Over at "The Project Table"

Jacqueline said...

I agree, my mouth is watering, first for the chicken, or should I say the cream sauce with the chicken and then the potatoes. This is a great everyday dish and a company dish. We will try this lucious sauce - I mean dish - out!

Unknown said...

I love this. Every single component of this meal. I love the sauce and I really am intrigued by portabella potatoes. I'm your next newest follower! Hope you'll consider joining the Friday Potluck @ my blog!

kitchen flavours said...

This looks great! Can I come over? I would love the lemon cream sauce. It sounds fantastic!

Elsa said...

Thanks so much for following me! The lemon sauce is the star of the meal! :)
I will link up to Friday Potluck now.
And YES you can come over!! hehe

HollyC said...

This looks wonderful! Everything about this dish would work for my family! Thanks so much for sharing.
~Holly

Unknown said...

Elsa, thanks SO much for joining up with Friday Potluck - I hope you'll come back every week with your latest post!

Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely scrumptious! That cream sauce is something else, I think I'd be drinking it too. And I love your potatoes. The whole meal is perfect!

satakieli said...

There's something so amazingly good about the combination of chicken and lemon isn't there? My husband especially loves it, so I think he would really like this.
Me though? You got me at the portobello potatoes... they sound divine! I was going to make parmesan potatoes to go with a roast chicken this weekend, but you've changed my mind now!

Lisa said...

Those potatoes sound especially good to me, I love anything with carbs. Your daughter reminds me of myself when I was a kid. I used to rub butter on my hands because I also thought it smelled really good and it made my skin soft.

Julie said...

This looks so delicious and a perfect company dinner. Looking forward to giving it a try.

JCRHarris said...

Trying this recipe this weekend. Sounds soooooooooo good.

Unknown said...

ugg outlet
ferragamo shoes
nike shoes for men
coach factory outlet
chaussures louboutin
lebron james shoes 2016
ray ban sunglasses
ed hardy
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin
20161230caian

Cara Mengobati Kencing Nanah dengan Daun Sirih said...



Thank you for sharing an interesting and very useful article. And let me share an article about health here I believe this is useful. Thank you :)

Cara Mengobati Penyakit Tipes Super Ampuh
Cara Mengobati Tukak Lambung secara Alami
Obat Usus Buntu Tanpa Operasi
Obat Alami untuk Menghentikan Menstruasi Berkepanjangan
Obat Keloid Menahun
Cara Mengobati Konjungtivitis (radang mata) secara Alami

Post a Comment