Monday, September 13, 2010

Celery Root Remoulade and Salmon with Tomato

I was originally going to make this recipe: Time Consuming Celery Root Remoulade

But after a long day of soccer games, sunburns and poor planning on my part, I had to find a quicker recipe and went with this one: Lazy Celery Root Remoulade

I didn't measure any of the ingredients out, but I think I followed it fairly well. I skipped the peppers, added parsley, probably added more Dijon, and maybe 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of sugar. The recipe doesn't call for it, but I think it's necessary to cut through the acidic flavors and the mayo. Overall, I was very happy with this recipe and I will make it again. The only thing I will do different next time is adding less remoulade. I didn't even use all of it, but it's pretty strong against the mild celery root. Just make sure the remoulade barely covers the root.


The salmon is my on-the-spot creation. Although I have used very similar ingredients on tilapia as well and it turns out perfectly.


Recipe:
  • 1 wild salmon (1 or 1 1/2 lb)
  • 2-3 cloves finely chopped garlic
  • 1/2 or so of chopped parsley
  • 3 tomatoes, or 1 can of whole tomatoes drained and squished
  • 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika
  • s/p
  • 1 lemon, cut into slices
Serving Size - 3-4 (But in my house, two of us eat the whole salmon hehe)

Preheat oven to 350F

Place salmon in a baking dish. Top it evenly with s/p, paprika, garlic, parsley, tomatoes (mash them down or break them apart so they are thin) and lemon slices. Cover the dish and place it in the oven until done (about 15 minutes maybe).

4 comments:

Kate said...

I'm going to try the celery root recipe. That sounds very yummy! BTW, what soccer game did you watch?

Elsa said...

I didn't know who you were for a second. I know you as Kathryn. hehe

It was yummy, just go light on the sauce. My husband kept taking bites of it the entire time I was cooking.

My nieces and nephews all play soccer and my husbands helps with coaching.

Alea Milham said...

I am all about lazy! I have been using sauces that have mayo and I have also found that a little sugar enhances the flavor.

I love the idea of using tomatoes with Salmon. I have never done that but I'm always looking for ways to make salmon more palatable to my children. I was going to put Salmon on the menu this week, but decided to go with something safe instead. Now you have me rethingking my decision. : )

Elsa said...

Tomatoes taste great with salmon. Just make sure you break them into pieces, or slice them thin so they cook all the way. I'm not sure it will appeal to children though, my 16 month old daughter wouldn't touch it. haha

Post a Comment