Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


Severe back pain has now kicked in. The joys of pregnancy. I actually didn't have this problem with my first pregnancy, thank goodness. I'm pretty much stuck on the couch. If I try to do dishes, laundry, or move around too much then I get shooting pain in my back. On the bright side, I am very thankful that this occurred in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy and not sooner.

Actually, it's closer to 2 weeks now. Ahhh!! I'm so excited!! :)

Before back pain entered my life I did do a few fall activities --- one very popular one --- Pumpkin carving!!!! Yes, I am a mature adult. I sat on my porch drinking tea, eating caramel corn, and carving pumpkins. hehe

So here is the result but cut me some slack, I am not very good at this......

He's a happy pumpkin. I'm more into cute decorations
and not the scary kind.

What I am good at is dealing with the pumpkin guts. :) I cleaned them, picked out the seeds, and roasted them. YUM! Even my toddler was munching on them and she's very picky. Now, there are a lot of ways to roast pumpkin seeds. Some people boil them, dry them, then roast them and all kinds of other techniques. I probably only eat pumpkin seeds once a year during Halloween, when I'm carving the pumpkins, so I haven't tried very many different versions. But I love this recipe and it's super easy.

Spread them out on the pan and roast

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
  • About 2 teaspoons of melted butter per 1 cup of seeds
  • Salt to taste
  1. Preheat oven to 300F.
  2. Clean the pumpkin seeds off. I usually put them into a strainer and fill it with water. The seeds float to the top a bit and I scoop them out. Rinse once more to make sure everything is clean, but it doesn't have to be perfect. Dry them off with a towel and place them into a bowl. Toss with the butter and salt to taste. Lay on a baking sheet in one even layer. Roast for about 45 minutes, stirring from time to time.

3 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking seeds to snack

Zoe said...

what a brilliant idea!

Miz Helen said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Post a Comment