Saturday, October 22, 2011

Honey Oatmeal Bread


I think this might be my favorite bread recipe. It's a close one though. I adore French bread as well. This bread has a slight sweetness to it from the honey and stays soft even after 1 day. Normally bread starts to get tough the next day but this one stays fresh. This is great served with dinner, as a snack, or even as a sandwich. The original recipe uses a bread machine and cooks it in the machine as well. I skipped this because even though I love my bread machine, I tend to have better bread when it's baked in the oven. So I used my bread machine to mix it and then moved it to the oven. Worked beautifully!

And today is October 22nd!! My due date is only a few days away! I'm getting excited to meet baby Emmett and introduce him to his sister. I've been going over all of the pregnancy memories. I was thinking about when my husband and I found out the sex of the baby. I was getting the ultrasound and within seconds I looked over and saw my husband smiling. I assumed he was excited to find out the results but he had actually gotten a glimpse of the gender and knew we were having a boy. He would have been happy with a boy or girl, but deep down he was hoping for a boy so we would have one of each. Of course, I can't read ultrasounds at all and most of the time I have no clue what I'm looking at so the technician had to announce it to me. It was a fun and exciting day. :)

I am going to miss being pregnant though. Everything has been pretty simple from day one so I have few complaints. I will definitely miss the following:
  1. Feeling the baby kick
  2. Baby hiccups!
  3. The long, difficult and even irritating name search but the relief when I finally found one
  4. The growing belly
  5. The overall excitement
I'll keep everyone posted. Hopefully he'll make his appearance soon!

Place into a pan
Brush with egg white and sprinkle on oats
Remove from oven
Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack
Honey Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size = 1 lb loaf
Original Recipe
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (I used EVOO)
  • 1/4 cup of honey
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats + extra for sprinkling
  • 2 1/3 cups bread flour (plus more if needed)
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast (original recipe added 1 but based on the reviews I bumped it to 2)
  1. Place in bread machine on dough cycle. Once the dough starts mixing, check it to see if you need to add more flour. The dough should be a bit sticky.
  2. Once done, place into an 8x4-inch baking dish sprayed with oil. Cover with a towel and let raise for 30 minutes in a warm place (I usually preheat the oven for a minute, shut it off, and then add the bread). Brush with 1 egg white plus 1 tablespoon of water. Sprinkle on some oats. Bake in oven at 350F for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and let cool on wire rack.
  3. Note: If you want, you can cook it in the bread machine (I haven't tried). The original recipe recommends cooking it on the light setting.

8 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Elsa, I am amazed that you are still baking with only days away to delivery! The bread looks gorgeous! And I like your pretty baking pan!
Have a safe delivery and looking forward to see Baby Emmett! Take care!

Chaya said...

The honey in this bread is what sold me. We are featuring this bread tomorrow at Let's Do Brunch. Thanks for sharing with us and join us, again.

Kim of Mo Betta said...

This sounds delicious! And since this was posted 4 days ago...you might have a new addition by now! Congrats!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Elas, what beautiful bread! Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

chenlina said...

chenlina20151207
tiffany and co
coach factory outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton
cheap nfl jerseys
oakley sunglasses
michaek kors handbags
michaek kors outlet online
canada goose outlet
jordan retro 11
louis vuitton purses
coach factory outlet online
air jordans
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
cheap uggs
michael kors outlet
canada goose
christian louboutin shoes
uggs outlet
canada goose jackets
canada goose outlet
ugg boots
vans shoes sale
tory burch outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet
ralph lauren uk
longchamp outlet
louis vuitton outlet
uggs sale
ugg boots
kevin durant basketball shoes
the north face outlet
ugg boots outlet
uggs outlet
fitflops sale clearance
toms shoes
louis vuitton handbags
as

chenlili said...

chenlili20160702
ray ban sunglasses
celine handbags
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet clearance
retro 11
asics outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton handbags
toms wedges
ralph lauren outlet
true religion jeans
adidas wings
coach factory outlet
cheap louis vuitton handbags
michael kors handbags
mont blanc pens
louis vuitton outlet
longchamp outlet
lebron shoes for kids
oakley outlet
fit flops
gucci belts
true religion outlet
burberry handbags
gucci outlet
coach outlet
juicy couture
louis vuitton handbags
nike sb dunks
concord 11
nike huarache
instyler max
nike air max 90
louis vuitton outlet stores
kate spade handbags
timberlands
coach outlet
coach outlet

Anonymous said...

Promotion should entice consumers to purchase the product. There is promotion through electronic media and print media. In the promotion there is ethics, product promotion should not contain elements of lying to consumers. terpercaya bola judi There are many lying examples that are practiced in product promotion. In fact, sooner or later such a business does not provide long-term benefits.

Anonymous said...

Through economic activity, goods and services flow from producer to consumer. Marketing works to find the goods and services that people need, terpercaya bola judi and sell goods and services to where consumers are at the desired time. Sales take place at an affordable price, but still profitable companies that market.

Post a Comment