Saturday, July 2, 2011

Taco Seasoning


I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe yet. It's the only taco seasoning I've ever made and I have no intention of switching, it is that perfect. If you are a fan of the taco seasoning packets, then you will be happy with this mix because it's very similar. Of course you can cut back on the salt, or add more heat, which is why I love making my own spice blends instead of buying the packets from the store. Many reviewers only add a tablespoon or so to the meat, but I add all of the seasoning to 1 lb or 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. It just depends how strong you like the flavor.

Other than making tacos, my husband, toddler and I went out of town to shop and look around. We found a new store that sells several organic items. I walked out with strawberries and ate them all before we even got home. :) We had a great time (even though it was 10,000 degree outside). I was just glad to escape the house for a while. I've been obsessively cleaning the kitchen and doing the laundry for almost 2 weeks now. I'm going a tiny bit overboard, but it sure is nice to have a spotless kitchen. I hope I stay this way.

Taco Seasoning I
Original Recipe
Serving Size = 1 ounce (I add all of it to 1 lb of ground beef)
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  1. Mix together and store in an air tight container.

3 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

wonderful aromatic powder

Heather S-G said...

Sounds like a good blend! And I had to laugh...I have to buy several pints of strawberries when we get them from the farmer's market because one is inevitably gone by the time we get home.

April said...

Sounds good! I love making my own spice blends!

Post a Comment