Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rustic Herb Round Bread


Baby name time! Again! hehe

Here are a few of my favorite names (all first names, zero chance they'll be a middle name):
  1. Samuel (Sam, Sami)
  2. Theo
  3. Elliot (Eli)
  4. Harris
---- Samuel and Elliot are my top two

I also need to start thinking about baby supplies. This little boy will make his appearance in October, so I am running out of time. Since I already have one kid, I feel like I don't really need that much. I do want a bouncer though. I found one in a jungle theme, which is perfect since I already have a jungle theme play center. We're also going to remodel a bedroom in our house and turn it into a play room for Mimi. I want her to have a place to go and play when the baby is getting on her nerves. :) It will have a small TV, DVD player, her toys, tiny furniture, etc. I think we'll paint it teal and I plan to make shelves out of books (idea from pinterest).

Any thoughts? Play room ideas, names, can't-live-without baby items?

I would also like some baby book recommendations (anything at all... feeding baby, raising baby, etc). I am a fan of attachment parenting, respond immediately to crying, organic food, breastfeeding, co-sleeping.... you get the idea. You've seen those blogs before. :) If you know of any books that fit that description, I would love to hear about it.

As for the recipe (no, I didn't forget) --------
It was delicious, but the name is misleading. It's called a round "bread" but I wouldn't describe it as a bread. It's a giant biscuit, a delicious biscuit, but not bread. What I love the most is how easy it is to make, cooks fast, no waiting for it to rise, and you don't have to fuss with cookie cutters making individual biscuits. After making biscuits this way, I really don't want to make them any other way.



Rustic Herb Round Bread
Serving Size = 10 (I doubt that, I would say a bit less)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
  • 3 tablespoons cold butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds (I skipped this)
  1. In a large bowl, mix together the first nine ingredients (mix well). Cut in the butter until it resembles fine crumbs. 
  2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt and milk. Stir in the dry ingredients until moistened.
  3. Spoon the mix into a 9-inch round baking pan coated with oil. Sprinkle on the poppy seeds (I skipped).
  4. Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack and then cut into wedges.
Linking to: Weekend Roundup

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the name Samuel but I am going for Elliot for sure. Eli is a great short name and calling him Elliot is such a good name. These are great choices.

Elsa said...

Thanks for the comment! I agree, both are cute and depending on the day I lean towards one or the other. Today I am leaning towards Elliot! :) The other two names, Harris and Theo, are adorable but very unlikely. They are just cute enough that I wanted to mention them.

Torviewtoronto said...

this looks wonderful congrats lovely choice of names

Elsa said...

hehe, yeah, understandable. I didn't think about that being your ex until you mentioned it. I think because I've never met him, I don't think of him when I hear the name Sam. I am favoring Elliot right now. Theo feels a bit too creative for me at the moment, although I do love it.

When we were prego with Mimi we discussed boy names and Elijah was one of the names we picked because we liked Eli. I feel like Elliot is a less common version with the same cute nickname. And nicknames are VERY important to me. VERY. Probably because my name is Elsa and I don't have one! haha

Kate said...

awe, I'll have to think of a nickname for you! I've been kat, kitty kat, katie beth, kate, k8, k, kathy, it changes depending on which relative I am talking to. hehe. I do REALLY like Elliot. It is so classic, sturdy, and yet terribly romantic.

Elsa said...

Yes, my feelings exactly. That's how I described it to my husband as well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following our blog. We look forward to checking out your recipes too! :)

France@beyondthepeel said...

Your bread looks splendid. I guess the word rustic is "in". Ps I like Theo :)

kitchen flavours said...

Your bread looks really good! The cheese and all the herbs sounds delicious!
Yes, I like both names Samuel and Elliot! They are both great names!

Patty said...

This bread/biscuit looks incredible and so easy! I think I need to try it out. Thanks for popping by my blog and for becoming a follower, yay! I love the names Samuel and Elliot, they are fantastic!

Ann Jones said...

I bet my husband would love this recipe, he loves biscuits, thanks for the idea! Im no help with baby names, both of my sons have Welsh names that no one can pronounce correctly :)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

we are on the same page girl.I am due in december and I keep going over baby names with my hubby too! We have like 4 to choose from- i love all your choices- I especially like Harris for some reason. So cute. Anyway, this bread looks divine! So pretty and easy and delicious!

Mama said...

Aww! We have a Theo (Theodore, actually, after my husband's Grandpa Ted). Can't wait to try some of your recipes!

Karen said...

Our Jets Flag is constructed of polyester, measures 3x5 feet, and has two metal grommets for attaching to a traditional flagpole, tailgate pole, or our 6' aluminum flagpole. The perimeter of our Jets Flag is double stitched and the Officially Licensed NFL New York Jets team logos are dye sublimated into the flag so they won't peel. Due to its large size, this flag is also perfect to hang in your game room, sports room, office, or kids room.The Jets Flag is viewable from both sides with the opposite side being a reverse image.Fly your Jets Flag with our tailgate pole or 6' aluminum flagpole and adjustable flag bracket.
nfl flags wholesale
nfl house divided flags
dallas cowboys american flagDallas Cowboys house flags, House Divided Flags,Sports Flags 3x5, Sports flags and banners,nfl House Divided Flags

Unknown said...

maglie basket 2016 USA LeBron James #23 nero ←_← Clicca per acquistare maglie !!
Informazioni di base:
Formato: S, M, L, XL, XXL.
La marca: Nike
Tessuto: Revolution 30
Style: canotte basket
Oggetti applicabili: Uomo
Appartiene alla squadra: 2016 USA
Corrispondenti ai giocatori: LeBron Jamesmaglie calcio 2017,
maglie calcio poco prezzo, Maglia Barcelona 2017 vendita
Maglia Deportivo a poco prezzo shop

Post a Comment