Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oh Baby! A New Addition to the Family!

Hello!

I wanted to stop and make a special announcement to all of my blogging friends out there. You may have noticed the lack of recipe posts over the last few months. Well, it turns out that my husband and I are expecting our 2nd child in the fall. We are beyond excited and so far everything is perfect. The baby seems as healthy as can be, and we will find out the sex in a week or so (of course I will announce it). Unfortunately, nausea took over for a while and cooking was not one of my favorite things in life. I am VERY lucky though because I only had mild nausea and now that I'm in my second trimester, it is completely gone. I didn't have exhaustion hardly at all, and I really have no other complaints. Well, except that my hormones did go crazy and I was a bit of a disaster for a while. Sorry to everyone out there that had to deal with that (mostly my husband). hehe

One thing I want to focus on though is eating healthy during this pregnancy. I took advantage of my pregnancy the first time around and I oinked down WAY more ice cream sundaes than I care to admit to. As a result, I had lots of weight gain and then had to lose it all. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I can show some self control this time around!! hehe So far so good though, I spent my first trimester eating more strawberries than you can possibly imagine. And in my second trimester, I seem to want peanuts.

Anyway, I will be posting here more often now and I'll keep you updated on my pregnancy! And yes, I DO plan on being completely annoying and mentioning my pregnancy more often than one should on a cooking blog!! :)

PS: Did you notice the Winnie the Pooh rattle? I am convinced that I cannot live without this item. When my daughter Mimi was tiny, we took her to the store to pick out a toy. We showed her tons of toys and this was the only one she smiled at. And she loved that thing forever (although today she couldn't care less). I thought we lost it in the move several months ago, but my wonderful husband found it. I am so excited to give this to baby number 2.

- Elsa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsa, a big congratulations (and hug)!!! I wish you all the best and I'm looking forward to you keeping us updated. :o) That's such wonderful news!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Such happy news! Congratulations to you and your husband. I love baby talk, even on a food blog, so talk away!

Miz Helen said...

Oh Elsa, what wonderful news for you and your husband. Congratulations! It will be so much fun for all of us to follow along with you on this journey, how exciting!
God Bless You

kitchen flavours said...

This is wonderful news! Congratulations to you and your hubby! Having another addition to the family is the greatest treasure of all. Take care and will be waiting for your latest news next week!

Heather S-G said...

Congratulations, Elsa...such wonderful news!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Elsa, that is wonderful news. babies are such a gift and I'm so glad to here that most of the pregnancy demons have not been visited on you. The rattle is darling. I hope you have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

Alea Milham said...

My kids have all loved Winnie the Pooh. One of my favorite memories (and my husband's greatest disappointments) was when we took our 2 oldest kids to visit the Old North Bridge. My dh was trying to impart the importance of the location and all they wanted to do was play "pooh sticks".

I am glad you are feeling better and look forward to hearing lots about your pregnancy!

Unknown said...

Elsa, congratulations! I'm very excited for you!

Post a Comment