Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chocolate Almond Cookies


Computer update time. Apparently, my hard drive went out, which I find slightly irritating considering I spent extra money on a solid-state hard drive, which is known for not dying.
Oh well, at least it will be fixed soon.

Even though I've had some serious computer/blog withdrawal, I have been making progress around the house. I started my veggie garden seeds indoors, finally! My super-awesome husband built shelves, based on a friend's design, that will house all of the seeds and the lights that will help them grow. Not grow lights though, no-no, they are too expensive. We went with fluorescent lights instead. I'll keep you posted on how this works out.

Ok, cookie time! I found this recipe at a Sense of Home. Don't judge me, but hers turned out much better than mine did. They were delicious, but not as professional looking. Mine were rough and bumpy, but hers looked awesome --- almost store bought! Unfair! :) Although, mine might be bumpy because I added a ton of almonds, so it's ok. The original recipe calls for cherries, but I didn't have any so I just went with almonds instead, but you could add just about anything you have on hand.

Get big red ready and cream the butter and sugar.
Mix the dry ingredients and then laugh hysterically when a tiny toddler
decides to stick her hands in the mix and throws it everywhere. 
Ok, the mix is done.
Drop a tablespoon or so on a cookie sheet, top with almonds.

Chocolate Almond Cookies
Serving Size = 24 cookies
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I use unbleached)
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 cup or so of almonds (I used slivered)
  1. Preheat oven to 375F and move rack to middle of oven.
  2. Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
  3. With your mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg and almond extract until combined.
  4. Add the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the almonds.
  5. Drop about 1 level tablespoon of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets and top with a few almonds. Bake for 12 minutes, and then transfer to a rack to cool.

8 comments:

Sense of Home Kitchen said...

Almonds would be so good in these cookies, I love chocolate and almonds. I also think white chocolate chips would be good and I may try that sometime. Mmm, wish our cookies weren't all gone.

-Brenda

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Elsa these look great! I love the chocolate almond combination, and I love that this recipe only makes a couple of dozen. Great for the two of us, thanks.

aipi said...

Love and can eat chocolate in any form!I am drooling all over …thanks for sharing :)

US Masala

Lisa said...

Mmmm, chocolate with a crunch, that sounds good and they look so great. I hope you'll come by and link them up to Sweets for a Saturday #5. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-5.html

kitchen flavours said...

Almonds are always a perfect match for chocolates! Sounds really good! Would be perfect with a tall glass of really cold milk!

Swathi said...

Chocolate almond cookies looks delicious Elsa.

Abby said...

Almonds are my fave! These cookies look amazing.

And thanks for stopping by Confabulation in the Kitchen! The cupcakes didn't make it to my son's school, either, for the same reason - no homemade desserts allowed! So we took them to neighbors instead!

chenlili said...

chenlili20160702
michael kors outlet clearance
ghd hair straighteners
nike running shoes for women
michael kors outlet online sale
air jordan 8
true religion outlet
michael kors purses
ray ban sunglasses
air jordans
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
air jordan 4
louis vuitton purses
michael kors outlet
kobe 11
toms outlet
vans sneakers
jordan retro 4
ray ban sunglasses
nike trainers uk
gucci handbags
louis vuitton purses
nike store
coach outlet online
christian louboutin
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet
adidas originals
polo ralph kids
celine bags
ray ban sunglasses
tiffany jewelry
discount jordans
coach outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet
oakley vault
marc jacobs handbags
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors outlet
hollister outlet

Post a Comment