Friday, January 7, 2011

Cinnamon-Honey Warm Milk


Well, I can honestly say this has been one of the longest weeks of my life. I have been super-sick, not ER sick, but 10 seconds from ER sick. I believe it was some kind of flu. It started with my toddler. Thankfully, she had a very mild case. Unlucky me caught it next and boy oh boy will I remember that experience for the rest of my existence. To makes things worse, we've all had a cold for over a week as well. So, before I became 10 seconds from ER sick, and life was simply about dealing with a cold, my husband suggested a drink that people in North Africa (and other places too, I'm sure) make to help soothe cold symptoms. I am not sure it soothed any of our symptoms, but it sure is yummy. 

By the way, the picture above is proof that my toddler did all of the cooking while I was ill. She left her broccoli and knife right on my cutting board! ;)

Not the greatest picture, but sheesh, I was sick! :)
Cinnamon-Honey Warm Milk
Original Recipe
Serving Size = 1
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 tablespoon of honey (or more, or less - to taste)
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • Pinch of ground cinnamon
  1. Heat 1 cup of milk to almost boiling, making sure to watch carefully and stir often. Add the cinnamon stick and then turn off the heat. Leave the milk for about 10 minutes so the cinnamon stick can flavor it.
  2. Add 1 tablespoon of honey to a cup. When the milk is done, pour into the glass and stir. Sprinkle with the ground cinnamon.

7 comments:

Swathi said...

Delicious nice spiced drink.

Alea Milham said...

This sounds delicious!

It was so nice of your daughter to cook for you! :) The other day my 3 yo was cooking in his kitchen and when his dinner was "done cooking" he grabbed my potholders and put them on to take his dish out of the oven.

Kate said...

We have the same knife and broc. Only Little O uses the broc as a baseball and the knife as killing device. I'm so sorry you were so sick. That is THE WORST feeling ever. Rest up my twin! (and no, I ahven't gotten to the sauce book yet.)

Ann Stone said...

Only a pure blogging soul takes a camera to the kitchen with her to retrieve her remedies. I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Sense of Home Kitchen said...

Finally catching up on my blog reading. Warm cinnamon-honey milk sounds so comforting, especially on a cold winter's night.

-Brenda

Unknown said...

ralph lauren polo shirts
moncler coats
the north face outlet store
new balance 574
the north face uk
air jordan shoes
hollister clothing
hermes birkin
beats headphones
mizuno running
toms outlet
michael kors outlet
nba jerseys, http://www.nbajerseys.us.com
ray ban sunglasses
fred perry sale
celine outlet
kobe shoes
beats by dre
cheap soccer jerseys
fitflop
san antonio spurs jerseys
nike air max uk
tory burch outlet
soccer jerseys
ugg boots, http://www.uggboot.com.co
links of london
mcm handbags
koby bryant shoes
chanel outlet
valentino outlet
asics running shoes
cheap football shirts
pandora
ugg outlet, http://www.uggsoutlet.us.org
salomon shoes
nfl jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
lebron james shoes
2015813caihuali

menna said...

شركات تعقيم ضد كورونا
شركات تعقيم المنازل من فيروس كورونا

Post a Comment