Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Breakfast Turkey Sausage Patties and the New Year!


A few more days until the New Year. I have to be honest; I'm looking forward to 2011. I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but this year seems to be full of death and disappointments. For some reason, when I have a bad year, I always believe that the next year will be much better. I'm weird like that. :) I also think we need to bring back the saying "Negative Nancy." I hope you will all work with me to achieve this goal. hehe

Here's my Top 5 from 2010
  1. My baby girl's 1st birthday
  2. Buying a house
  3. Planting a super-huge garden
  4. Making new friends
  5. Starting a bloggy blog :)
And here are some plans for 2011:
  1. A vacation please!
  2. Expanding the house
  3. Planting a not-so-super-huge garden
  4. Potty training my toddler --- oh please let this happen. 
  5. Wear lots of dresses, drink lots of sweet tea, stay outside all summer gardening and getting sunburns.
Tile earrings.
Cute little box.
And here are some earrings I bought recently on Etsy. An artist in California designs them to match tiles (California, Mexican and Turkish tiles). I think they are adorable and they happen to have my favorite shades of red, purple and green. Even the box they came in is adorable.

Okokok, now to the breakfast sausage. Not only is store bought sausage over-priced and full of who-knows-what, but we are a pork-free house. That means I have to find sausage without a pork intestine casing, which leaves a weird man-made casing that I'm not comfortable eating. So, I thought we could buy sausage patties instead, but why spend the money when I can make my own exactly the way I like them? I can shape a patty. Sheesh. I found a recipe online, but I did change a few things. I bumped up the ingredients a bit, and reduced the salt. The sausage turned out very flavorful and a little spicy. I made 2lbs worth, so I froze most of them for later.

Here's How:

Just take a freezer safe dish, line it with wax paper and place the patties next to each other, but not touching. Freeze until solid, remove, place into a freezer bag and freeze. I'm still going to separate them with wax paper though just to prevent any possible sticking.


Breakfast Turkey Sausage Patties
Original Recipe: Allrecipes.com
Serving Size = 7 (I had about 21 patties)
  • 2 lbs ground turkey
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  1. Mix together the meat and the rest of the ingredients. Form into small patties. 
  2. Cook over medium heat until done, or skip the cooking and freeze them. 
Linking to: Real Food Deals

6 comments:

Swathi said...

My little one also turned one this year. Turkey sausage patties looks delicious.

Alea Milham said...

I have ground turkey in the freezer and I am going to make these tomorrow! My oldest son loves sausage, but nitrate free sausage is so expensive. This is a wonderful alternative - so healthy and so frugal!

I had so much fun with my kids in 2010, but we also lost too many loved ones in 2010, so I too am hoping for a better 2011. I tend to hold the sad bad events inside and I know it negatively effects my blogging because I become less personal and personable when going through those things.

I will do my part to bring back the phrase Negative Nancy. :)

Elsa said...

It is delicious. I went a little heavy on the cayenne so it was a bit spicy. That's what I get for not measuring the cayenne. hehe

I'm the same way, I usually don't mention sad events too often. I admire many bloggers for being so open, but I just stink at it! :) But I am sure 2011 will be better. And thank you for helping me with my Negative Nancy cause, although the Nancy's in the world may not appreciate it. hehehe

MaryMoh said...

I need to make some turkey patties too. I have a big bag of turkey meat in my freezer. Wishing you a great 2011! It will be better. Looks like you have exciting things to do in the coming year. Be encouraged and stay strong :) MaryMoh at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com

ahmed deraz said...

خدمات عجمان – مزايا اكسبريس
عامل بلاستر عجمان
تركيب جبسون بورد عجمان

menna said...

الامانة كلين
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالبخار بابو ظبى
شركة تنظيف بالبخار فى ابوظبى
شركة تنظيف منازل فى ابو ظبى

Post a Comment