Thursday, September 2, 2010

Warm Dijon Potato Salad, Roasted Cauliflower, Memphis Rub

I work part-time (once a week part-time) and when I came home yesterday the house was a complete disaster. I think I'm a pretty laid-back person-- not a lot bothers me. I tolerated the destroyed house for a little while, but then I couldn't stand it any longer. I cleaned, vacuumed, swept, did the dishes, washed the tables -- I went completely overboard since the house wasn't THAT messy to begin with. Around 6, I realized I hadn't even thought about dinner. I started searching for recipes and decided on:

  • Memphis rub chicken legs (grilled)
  • Garlic roasted cauliflower
  • Warm Dijon potato salad

Surprisingly, the star was the potato salad. Yum! I could eat this every night for the rest of my life. It packs a lot of flavor and a little goes a long way. I found this recipe at allrecipes.com and made some changes. I'm sure the original recipe tastes great as well though.


Warm Dijon Potato Salad
Serves: 3-4

  • 5 small potatoes
  • 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon of miracle whip
  • 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
*Note: Adjust the dressing accordingly, depending on how much potato you have or it might be too dry (the number one complaint on allrecipes.com) or not dry enough. 

Cut up the potatoes, boil them until tender. Drain. Mix ingredients in a bowl and add to the potatoes until they are lightly coated. Super easy!

Memphis Rub

Sadly, the Memphis rub wasn't a hit. I have a feeling that I need very high quality spices for a rub, and I didn't have any. The result was a cheap taste. I will try it again with better spices and see how it goes.

Roasted Cauliflower

The cauliflower worked though. Just pre-heat the oven to 450F, cut up some cauliflower, drizzle them with oil and add a bunch of minced garlic (maybe 1 tablespoon) and salt. Cook until tender (maybe 30 minutes), stirring occasionally. At the end, add some Parmesan cheese and let it cook for a few more minutes. Add some chopped parsley if you want some color. 

2 comments:

Alea Milham said...

This sounds delicious!

You should think about sharing your posts in come of the "foodie carnivals". If you need information you can email me at aleasleftovers@sbcglobal.net

Susan said...

thanks for the article post.Much thanks again. Awesome. Download Deskgram for free. Deskgram helps you to upload photos and videos to Instagram from your PC.

Post a Comment