Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Day Special: Cinnamon Chocolate Fudge

Even though I posted this recipe last year, I thought it was worth repeating. With Valentine's Day coming this week, cinnamon chocolate fudge is the perfect gift. Make up a batch, divide them into a few pieces each, wrap them up, and give them to your loved ones with a card.

Stay tuned, because I'm planning on making another Vday gift in the next day or so. :)


Originally Posted Feb. 13, 2012

Valentine's Day is right around the corner so I thought I would make a decadent chocolate dessert. Instead of buying chocolates this year, consider making some and then wrap them up in something pretty. It's much more personal and will be appreciated by the recipient because of the time you put into it. I love this fudge because it's different. I'm not sure I've ever had cinnamon fudge, and honestly, I didn't think I would like it. But I LOVE it. Possibly my favorite fudge. The recipe does say that semi-sweet chocolate will work but I really think bittersweet is the way to go. I also think nuts might be a nice addition. I'll have to try that next time.


And my wonderful husband bought me some roses so I decided to decorate my pictures for Valentine's Day. :) Of course, my 2-year-old wanted to see them and ended up pulling a rose off of its stem, so I decided to take the petals off and get really creative. I didn't want it to go to waste after all! :)

Sweetened condensed milk (yeah, I could eat that straight from the can)
Add the rest of the ingredients
Melt it all together
Place into a pan and cool

Cinnamon Chocolate Fudge
Serving Size = 8x8-inch pan, 4-6 servings
  • Butter for greasing a pan
  • 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 lb (about 2 1/2 cups) bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cacao) (Ghiradelli recommended)
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at room temperature
  1. Butter the bottom of an 8x8-inch pan and line with a sheet of parchment paper, 14-inchesx7-inches wide, allowing overhang on the sides (makes it easier to remove from pan).
  2. In a medium glass or stainless bowl, combine the milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate chips and butter. Put the bowl on a saucepan of barely simmering water and mix until the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture turns smooth, about 6-8 minutes. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. 
  3. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
  4. Run a warm knife along the edges to loosen the fudge, pull the fudge out and cut into 1-inch pieces. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Happy Valentine's Day!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugg Bailey Button Sale American players almost.With this capital, the rise of football in the future they may be, will not become empty talk.Brazil and Chile 120 minutes 1-1 draw, penalty Bailey Button Ugg Boots Sale shootout win over Brazil 3:2, such as Brazil striker Luis crying, they know how to win tough.Cypriot goalkeeper interview crying, touching, I actually noticing accompany a few drops in the middle of the night.Chilean players from the field to the scene of wisdom hand Lee fans, all Yanmianerqi.120 minutes Chileans occupy 52% of the rate of the ball, aggressive in closing down Chile, Ugg Bailey Button Triplet Sale Brazil, passing success rate was 72%, the host into an unprecedented panic.119 minutes 58 seconds if the burst shooting Cheap Ugg Bailey Button Boots Pinilla again low on the least bit, will inevitably lead to lore, the day .

Friv said...

Valentine to every occasion, I find this cake recipe. Thanks a lot

Unknown said...

nike huarache
michael kors outlet online
ray ban sunglasses sale
longchamp outlet
coach outlet online
mont blanc pens
canada goose sale
babyliss hair dryer
fitflops
toms outlet
asics gel kayano
polo ralph lauren
prada handbags
oakley sunglasses outlet
ray-ban sunglasses outlet
jordans
louis vuitton bags
louboutin pas cher
true religion jeans
bottega veneta sale
adidas supercolor pink
cheap oakley sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses outlet
michael kors outlet stores
omega speedmaster
lululemon outlet store
air max
cheap basketball shoes
coach outlet store online clearance
michael kors canada
asics running shoes
michael kors canada
hollister uk
converse sale
cheap jordans
oakley sunglasses cheap
XIAOWEI 20160420

Mark Spencer said...

I want to say that is one of the top notch posts that i've perused in all my existence. the whole thing right here is certainly remarkable. I couldn't have requested a highly improved put up than this. . i am capable help with assignments bof bookmark your internet web site and advocate to all my pals

Post a Comment