Thursday, November 17, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins


First off, let's discuss the muffins. They are yummy and we need to address them immediately. :) My friend Casondra at Pieces of my Heaven on Earth sent this recipe to me. She said her kids love it and I knew my 2-year-old would too. She loves peanut butter and eats it straight from the jar every day. I'm not a huge PB&J fan but even I think these are good. The PB flavor is mild and the muffin is not too sweet overall. Also, they're not dense, which was surprising. Another plus though!

Ok, the next item to address.... EXHAUSTION! Woowwwww I'm tired. I only have 2 kids so I feel like I don't have the right to complain, but wow.... sleepy. My mother-in-law has 10 children. How did she do it? Really, how??

Anyway, it could definitely be worse so I'm not going to complain too much. My little man Emmett has had stomach pains throughout the day so it has been a bit exhausting, but he actually does pretty well sleeping at night. He tends to wake up at 5:30am every so often though but that doesn't bother me too much. Mostly it's just during the day that wears me out. Any suggestions on how to ease tummy pain in infants??



PB&J Muffins
Serving Size = 12 regular size muffins
Original Recipe: Pieces of my Heaven on Earth
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups low fat milk
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter (unsalted)
  • 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 12 teaspoons jam (I used raspberry)
  1. Preheat oven to 400F.
  2. Combine both flours, sugars, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
  3. Using a mixer, mix together the milk, butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Mix until combined. Pour in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
  4. Grease a muffin tin and fill halfway (or less, but not more or you will run out of batter) with batter. Add 1 teaspoon of jam to each muffin and then cover with the rest of the batter. 
  5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in muffin tin for about 5 minutes then remove to cool on a wire rack.

8 comments:

Eileen said...

These sound really great. Love your blog, too ~ I love good, fresh, homemade food. :)

Kate said...

I do need to make these. I eat PB like the world is coming to an end. Also, tummy pain ideas: Holding him so that there is some pressure on his tummy (almost like pushing the air either direction). That worked for O. Also, we did small spurts of tummy time (even now when he's still a little small for timmy time). The pressure seemed to really work. I also made sure to feed him more often in small spurts so that he wasn't gulping air cause he was so hungry.

just some ideas.

:)

Amy said...

Oh my goodness. These look scrumptious! What a perfect way to serve individual size for parties! :) Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend. Wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.

Alea Milham said...

What a great idea. My son eats peanut butter straight from the jar too.

I wish I had advice on the tummy troubles. My babies were all really high maintenance (still are!) I wore them which seemed to help them and allowed me to be able to use my hands, but didn't really fix the underlying problem.

Thanks for sharing this with the Gallery.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Elsa,
This is an awesome muffin with all that great PB and J, sure wish I had one right now. My very best wishes to you and your family for a blessed Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
Miz Helen

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really look delicious!. I am new to your blog, so I took some extra time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

I'm sorry you are feeling so tired. I'd check with your doctor about your little man's tummy pain - there used to be a natural product available here in England that soothed windy tummies, but my son is 18 now so I can't remember what it was!

Those PB&J muffins look fantastic - a real treat for little ones and grown ups too! Thank you for sharing them with the Gallery of Favorites.

chenlina said...

chenlina20160126
hollister outlet
jordan concords
cheap jerseys
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton handbags
kobe 11
polo ralph lauren
nike huarache shoes
lebron james shoes 13
louis vuitton handbags
adidas superstars
tiffany and co
coach outlet store online
tory burch sale
the north face outlet
michael kors outlet online
ugg boots
cheap air jordans
gucci outlet
ralph lauren uk
cheap air max
beats by dr dre
toms shoes
ugg outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors uk
nike trainers uk
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
hollister clothing
true religion outlet
cheap uggs
louis vuitton handbags
gucci shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
ugg outlett
polo ralph lauren
uggs outlet
nike roshe run women
as

Post a Comment